Add a timer to getting in boats in combat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Add a timer to getting in boats in combat

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:38 pm

You could add larpy animations! Also noobs would probably get pranked trying to cheese hunt with boats, which jorb loves.

Main reason is using the mobile safe palis as ways to run from fights is really dumb. Fighters on land should at least have to gain some distance to be considered safe.
DDDsDD999

Re: Add a timer to getting in boats in combat

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm

+1 fuck safepalli boats.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby shubla » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:23 pm

I think its kind of stupid to have boat timer on combat, but not if you are out of combat.
If something, there should be timer for getting in boat always, not only in combat.

An alternative solution for combat would be to make the "chase" button give you 20% speed buff or something so that fights would not be just running around in forests sipping 100's of liters of water.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:37 pm

shubla wrote:I think its kind of stupid to have boat timer on combat, but not if you are out of combat.
If something, there should be timer for getting in boat always, not only in combat.

Kinda agree but I foresee people getting annoyed about it and complaining.
DDDsDD999

Postby AntiBlitz » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 pm

would it perhaps be beneficial for a "wind-up" time? If you've ever rowed, you arent exactly full-steam ahead the instant the oars hit the water. Would this help at all while soothing jorbs appetite for pseudo-realism? You just simply have to build up speed to go faster. Then you cant exactly jump into the boat and speed off.
AntiBlitz

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 pm

AntiBlitz wrote:would it perhaps be beneficial for a "wind-up" time? If you've ever rowed, you arent exactly full-steam ahead the instant the oars hit the water. Would this help at all while soothing jorbs appetite for pseudo-realism? You just simply have to build up speed to go faster. Then you cant exactly jump into the boat and speed off.

Problem is if someone hops in the Knarr and gets KO'd they effectively lose nothing. Jumping in an enemy's boat to loot someone while they bring you into the middle of the ocean and come with more boats is easily a death sentence.

Also the risk of boat movement feeling worse seems unnecessary.
DDDsDD999

Postby AntiBlitz » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:05 pm

would it then be beneficial to have the boat stay stationary while a ladder is deployed?(simple rope ladder tossed over the side animation of it unfurling) immediate unloading, but ladder to get back in that takes time to deploy. I guess they could just have the boat setup somewhere to pick them up. But, atleast that requires time and isnt immediate.
AntiBlitz

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:08 am

Tentative -1. I don't want to be blocked & drowned every time I try to swim.

That said it would prolly be better than the current mechanics, it's just that the current mechanics are so retarded and reductive to PVP that nearly anything is an improvement. IMO, OP is a compromise for something that shouldn't be compromised on. Boats have been pants on head retarded for years, though, so maybe a compromise is better than nothing.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:13 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Tentative -1. I don't want to be blocked & drowned every time I try to swim.

That's a pretty good reason tbh. Maybe swimming through boats would solve that but muh bounding box integrity
DDDsDD999

Return to Critique & Ideas