Redhanded duration should scale with distance from crime

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Redhanded duration should scale with distance from crime

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:47 pm

The more distance someone creates from their crime, the less likely they are to be caught. Someone snekking away at mach 10 is uncatchable anyway.

So just copy paste from Salem and make redhanded decrease in duration the further the perpetrator gets. A mechanic for red handed timer is way better than some arbitrary static time that people will always complain about.
DDDsDD999

Re: Redhanded duration should scale with distance from crime

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:29 pm

+1
Pommfritz

Postby shubla » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:better than some arbitrary static time that people will always complain about.

I'm not sure how some arbitrary dynamic time with arbitrary rate and minimum/maximum lengths is any better.

If something, the circle of area where you don't get redhanded should expand at constant rate of crawling speed.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:46 pm

To further complicate thing, I'll share my idea that each type of crime should have their separate red-handed timer, with varying amounts of time.

I initially wanted to suggest stacking Red-handed buff that gains more time the more you do crimes, but realized that people would just make crime alts and they would be rather mandatory.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:49 pm

shubla wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:better than some arbitrary static time that people will always complain about.

I'm not sure how some arbitrary dynamic time with arbitrary rate and minimum/maximum lengths is any better.

First two sentences of the four sentence post.

DDDsDD999 wrote:The more distance someone creates from their crime, the less likely they are to be caught. Someone snekking away at mach 10 is uncatchable anyway.
DDDsDD999

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:38 pm

+1 shubla is a retard.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby shubla » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:20 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:First two sentences of the four sentence post.

I mean that the rate at which redhanded is applied over distance is completely arbitrary and will cause the same complaints.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:08 pm

shubla wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:First two sentences of the four sentence post.

I mean that the rate at which redhanded is applied over distance is completely arbitrary and will cause the same complaints.

There's a difference between having a mechanic that applies based on how people interact with the system, and a flat timer.
DDDsDD999

Postby vatas » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Example of how this could work/be displayed:
Your Red-Handed buff currently has X units of power left, if you stay at your current duration it will last Y minutes. The further you are from the scene of the crime, the faster the power will drain.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Critique & Ideas