Whale Hearth and Magic

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Whale Hearth and Magic

Postby pawnchito » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 pm

Hi, It would be really nice to be able to find whales without AFKing for hours. If we could do some sort of ritual that would help us find one that would be great. Make it cost 10k exp or something so you cant alt spam it and give it a cooldown.
pawnchito

Re: Whale Hearth and Magic

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 pm

is exp so abundant that you can just use 10k for food every 1-2 days? xd
Pommfritz

Postby pawnchito » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:37 pm

I mean kinda but it has to be a hefty toll otherwise alt spam. I'd rather spend hours questing for XP I can spend to have a decent chance than a few hours afk boating around and still not get shit. At least that way I feel like my character developed a little instead of wasted my time scoutbotting hoping an alarm would go off.
pawnchito

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:08 am

Yep I see, I never do any quests xd
but could make sense you'l probably also find whales without any hearth magic so it's more in total I just see a problem with how it works that tiles are loaded and then animals spawn.. or not. so it's not just press hearth magic and it leads you to a whale because it didn't actually spawn yet.
Pommfritz

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:09 am

i feel like whales wouldn't be so bad if they just gave a metric fuck ton of meat.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Jalpha » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:35 am

Be nice if tracking was added as a more dynamic system of hunting. I can't even find bears after I bow them with arrows and bleeding was added (underwhelmingly).

Hearth magic seems to be becoming the solution to every problem. Maybe this is just the way of things but it seems a bit spooky to me.

I feel like a tracking system for hunting would be like throwing kindling onto a raging bonfire though. By that I mean there are already many complex and counter-intuitive systems in place already.

But isn't that what Hafen is?

Aware I'm derailing a little but I want to highlight a broader issue here.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby WowGain » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:10 pm

dousing rods are really lame rn. you make and use them once at the very beginning of the world to scout for a high spot near your starting area if you dont already have a nearby water source, and in 99% of the situations that water source will be getting used for all of a week because its Q20 water and you already know of the local/market q50 well that's been dug and is getting XP dumped into

how about we add a new use to them
equip the dousing rod and cast a spell from hearth magic, hunters sense or smth larpy like that. combine that with some other trinket you craft that acts as a taglock to hone in on what you want to seek out specifically- bears, moose, boars, orcas, whales, etc. Q of the dousing rod and your trinket give you a tighter dowsing slice to seek with. make the spell cheap to cast bc since itd probably use the same type of cone tracking that scents use youd have to cast it at least a few times to get a better reference area of where to go.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby pawnchito » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:41 pm

I like this. Imbue the dowsing rod to search for shit. Could gate it behind strider. Remove the 15% range damge. Nobody seriously hunts with ranged, what a waste of a 5th tier credo reward.
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:04 pm

Do you guys like that whale meat is obscenely OP and is the only way to make meaningful progress in the early/mid game, while still kinda being OP in the late game? I feel like you're asking for the wrong thing.

It's going to be way worse when Jorbtar turns whales into dungeons and forces you to 20man them early game to funnel whale meat into your miner btw
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:12 pm

For sure there should be a way to find animals which have rare spawn rate.

I remember one day I wanted to hunt a Mammoth. I was looking for a Mammoth for 1.5h!!, walking over mountains, walking and walking... watching my screen and yawn. After 1.5h I ported back and turned off the game. It was not a good gameplay and I wasted 1.5h of my life for nothing...

For sure it would be better for me to do some in game activities in exchange to find this animal faster.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas