PvP and Grind and other improvements

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

PvP and Grind and other improvements

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Hi, I just want to share with you my PvP and Grind ideas. Please flame me as much as you want.

I will split my post into 3 sections.

PVP
Currently PvP is a big win or a big lose - it's because of full loot.
Currently PvP is boring, walking, running around, walking and running. You don't want to listen how many times our team was flaming about "speed boosts".

I think adding CC to the game would help, but it will make that people will get KO more often. In such case we should minimalize gear loot. Full loot is bad in such case.

There should be couple of attack movements which have impact on your movement (cc). For example: slow down, ground etc. Even ranged ones (e.g. throw web etc.)

This will add more tactical point to PvP. Trust me, there is a lot of tactic and thinking about good positioning.

This should allow people from different teams to catch and KO opponents faster instead of running for 2 hours like retards.
I know haven is known from full loot PvP. But people don't want to do PvP when they can lose everything they were working for. Imagine a hermit joining meteorite fight when he know he will lose everything he was working for couple of days..

We can take inspiration from other games like Tibia. After KO, when someone open your body there should be a window with 1-2 (its debatable) random items from your gear and full backpack loot.

GRIND
We should have WEEKLY stat limit so people can plan their game accordingly to their free time and life responsibilities. This game is all about stats, but there is also a big impact of knowledge about the game.

A character shouldn't be able to get more than 70 (debatable, tbh its random number, devs need to think about it. Normal person (playing 2-3h a day should be enough to stay competent in game) points of the same stat during period of 1 week. We talk there about attributes as well as abilities.
It will encourage people to NOT create alts.
It will also lower number of titans in game.

People still will be able to tryhard and play 24/7. They can help other people in the village, help village itself etc.

OTHER IMPROVEMENTS - just a quick suggestion, please don't read if u are not a developer
Please add more events like meteorite to the game.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Re: PvP and Grind and other improvements

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:47 pm

cringe
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:22 pm

yes, but why not
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby pawnchito » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:25 pm

I dont pvp so wont comment but as for the grind. Adding a static progression wall is not good and doing something like what they did with quests where progression is dictated by the highest quester is way more elegant but complex.
pawnchito

Postby aselpina » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:30 pm

cringe II
aselpina

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:32 pm

current PvP is designed only for players who play 12 hours a day for the first month. Every PvP this world was the same 20 people. 20/5000 (or more) players can be competent in PvP. I think it's not good
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
noindyfikator

Postby telum12 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:37 am

MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby mulamishne » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:40 am

The last time they added cc it was fucking TERRIBLE.

I don't know how we went from permadeath mmo to just full loot and no death to people saying full loot is too much.

The idea of a rolling stat cap is cool, but the removal of incentive to log in each week is cringe.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby MightySheep » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:07 am

u give an inch they want to take a mile

when I started youd lose your whole character if you died then theyd get your key off your body and raid your base, that was what made it unique

then they gradually decreased the amount of stats you lose and now all you lose is a few items which most people can replace in less than a day

as much as I hate the endless chasing in this game, I'm pretty sure CC would just make every fight an automatic win for the side with more numbers, there would be no room for outplay or to escape
MightySheep

Postby Southpaw » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:51 am

bro this whole suggestion is on crack -1
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas