Reducing Mandatory Alts: Beestings

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Reducing Mandatory Alts: Beestings

Postby WowGain » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:57 pm

I believe we can all collectively agree that this is slightly absurd, yes? Whenever the beeskeps in the village need to be harvested, I pull out one of my alts because this is the guaranteed outcome of harvesting a decent amount of beeswax, not even having collected any honey yet.

Why is this necessary? It truly does not need to be like this, and its a bit baffling that there is still no way to properly handle this. No clothes you can wear to reduce the rate or potentially negate the occurrence of beestings, no easy means of treating beestings via the alchemical system, nothing. It does not prevent any behavior from what I can see besides punishing those who do not have alts whos singular purpose in being born is to do wound-accumulating tasks like this which are altogether vital to procuring a constantly needed resource.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Re: Reducing Mandatory Alts: Beestings

Postby vatas » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Agree with Beesting = punishment for not using an alt.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:59 pm

Just add beekeping hat, which has 100% protection vs bees. Make it from e.g. flax/cloth

W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Pommfritz » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:15 pm

generally the wound takes too long to heal, like idk remembering having a beesting for longer than a day or so irl. However getting hacked into your forehead with a b12 heals in a few ingame days or rootfil xd ( I don't say make combat wounds take longer, it's just a comparison and leaving your main char afk for 24h after combat also sucks.)

+1 for the beekeepers hat if the wound has to be that retarded but similiar stuff applies for seal finger wounds and bum burn.
Pommfritz

Postby shubla » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Beestings should be renamed to bee sting, beesting always brings into my mind something about jousting and I get very confused for a moment.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby pawnchito » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:36 pm

This suggestion is great but keeps getting suggested.
Should be added to the thread of "stuff that should be added for qol thats known already so stop suggesting it" its become so common.
pawnchito

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:48 pm

pawnchito wrote:This suggestion is great but keeps getting suggested.
Should be added to the thread of "stuff that should be added for qol thats known already so stop suggesting it" its become so common.

It's almost as if the entire playerbase is suggesting something over and over and the devs just ignore it.

There shouldn't be a thread of "stuff that should be already fucking changed but the devs refuse to".
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:12 pm

pawnchito wrote:This suggestion is great but keeps getting suggested.

jorb wrote:Cato the Elder's oft repeated shitpost that Carthage should be removed from the game was eventually heard. Do hammer us about your pet-peeves. We appreciate clear and persistent signal on changes you'd like to see made to the game, especially if they are low cost and high impact.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:11 am

vatas wrote:
jorb wrote:Cato the Elder's oft repeated shitpost that Carthage should be removed from the game was eventually heard. Do hammer us about your pet-peeves. We appreciate clear and persistent signal on changes you'd like to see made to the game, especially if they are low cost and high impact.

So Dog men is what you say?

This is a super high impact thing. Having to use an alt to catch wax is stupid as heck, what is even stupider is the ass backward... wash your hands before you use the bathroom and after you eat wound that requires a WAX TO HEAL!!! I know there is ant paste but still. Bee protector clothing that cant be guilded and costs hardened leather.
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:24 am

TBF, I convinced most of my last village to harvest hives until they got 3-4 beestings on all their alts. You don't softcap the wax with a lack of skills or attributes. And that's few enough points of damage that if you harvest just before logging off, it's gone the next time you log in.

I think I've stated before on the same discussion: we really do need some sort of special mitigation. Beekeeping gear has been around for at least as long as the classic age, probably longer. (No idea if the tool age peoples kept bees or when that whole thing started.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas