Make mandrake roots more abundant

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Make mandrake roots more abundant

Postby saltyfish » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:26 pm

Make a mandrake root more abundant and remove it from global pool (if it is there). My PERC*EXP > 40,000 and I still can not find it to finish quests wandering pinebarren biomes for days :/
saltyfish

Re: Make mandrake roots more abundant

Postby pawnchito » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:33 pm

They recently increased the spawn rate. Find a person to murder and bury the body they spawn near graves. And the biome Moore.
pawnchito

Postby saltyfish » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:26 am

pawnchito wrote:They recently increased the spawn rate. Find a person to murder and bury the body they spawn near graves. And the biome Moore.

Well, ... I have been wandering for the last 3 days on Pinebarren and Moor for hours to find that root. Used few different clients and different time of day. NONE. If their spawn rate has been increased, it must be it was a 'negative' increase :) or just statistical anomaly from RNG side. I remember seeing them more frequently the last word. Actually, I dont remember seeing that root in this world.
saltyfish

Postby AriZona » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:57 pm

*IF* the mandrake root has the global pool, wouldn't burial sites skew the spawn of roots making them less abundant casually in biomes other than grave sites?
AriZona

Postby Jalpha » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:51 pm

I don't know man. I heard they are supposed to spawn more frequently near graves. If this is correct then I suspect that the spawn rate is balanced around a house, cave or other instance surrounded by a graveyard.

All I can recommend is building something like this to test spawn rates in such a circumstance. I'm in no position to do this right now. Anyone want to run the experiment?

Have fun clipping on gravestones as you chase mandrakes though l o l.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Return to Critique & Ideas