Critique: Siege system

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Critique: Siege system

Postby pawnchito » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:43 pm

telum12 wrote:
shubla wrote:Current siege system provides no chance for defender, even if you were online.

That's such bullshit.

+1
pawnchito

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:15 pm

shubla wrote:Current siege system provides no chance for defender, even if you were online.

see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:58 pm

noindyfikator wrote:Currently people (hermits mostly but smaller groups as well) can't go on vacation when playing H&H because someone can place wrecking ball and if you don't log every day, you can probably lose everything you was working on.

I'm less worried about this than my cattle starving to death.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby telum12 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:00 am

shubla wrote:
telum12 wrote:
Even if the attackers have more people, they won't be staying up for 24-hours

You don't have to stay up 24 hours. You can set up alt that will alert you if somebody approaches ram and keep your fighter nearby in some pali safe you constructed. You can sleep with your hands in your pants as long as you wake up to kill the poor attempts to destroy the ram. If you are not alone but have villagers maybe even from different time zones, you don't even have to wake up from your sleep, but can instead have shifts. The effort to defend will take more hours than to attack in this case. Defendant only has few tries because you need quite a bit of strength and equipment to destroy it, and you get so big wounds that you have 1-3 attempts for 1 char.
Even if attacker was not camping 24/7, how would you know? You have those FEW attempts, after that, you can no longer destroy the ram as you run out of str alts/pickaxes/time etc.
If attacker has even somewhat competent fighters, 99% of playerbase cannot win even if they have more people. Also you cannot really know when the attacker has 5 fighters out of your screen or when he has 1. In most cases you wouldn't win even against that 1.

Also notice that most people have to go to work, have to sleep, have to do other things. If its 24 hour time window to defend. It may take 16 hours for them to even notice. And then they may have 2 hours of time for the whole defending operation before they have to go sleep/work etc.

This kind of attack can be used by almost anyone even somewhat competent at game against most players. Because devs seem to ignore it, I think only way to fix it is to repeat the knarr thing. That is, abuse the attack in as wide scale as possible to siege all noobs and make some nice videos about it. But I don't currently have enough interest to do that, and I think that devs should learn to think by themselves instead of always needing to show them these things holding their hands!

You're right, if faction people siege you, and you're not a faction, you're going to (eventually) lose. Why does this invoke such feelings of injustice in you?

And if you think multiple people way stronger than you having to spend DAYS half-awake getting woken up by alarm clocks in order to siege you while you jerk off is "too heavily weighed towards the attacker" you've the biggest victim-mentality I've ever heard of.

As snail points out, most people (me included) have not interacted with the siege system in any meaningful sense. I think I'm correct and you're dumb because my information comes from people that have interacted with the siege system, but think you're too retarded to bother responding to.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas