Small CHA buff to belt quality

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Small CHA buff to belt quality

Postby Xoatl » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 am

Belt quality currently doesnt matter. Maybe have it add a small scaling buff to charisma similar to the bandit mask and the amount of stealth it gives. All belts should give a charisma buff but poor mans belt should give charisma penalty (like nettles with agility penalty).
Xoatl

Re: Small CHA buff to belt quality

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:27 am

Not fan of the CHA penalty on Poor Man's belt. Not giving it any bonus would be another option. Here's a quick example how the CHA bonuses could go:

Poor Man's Belt: base +1 at q10 (+2 at q40 and +3 at q90)
Hunter's Belt : base +2 at q10 (+4 at q40 and +6 at q90)
Snakeskin Belt: base +3 at q10 (+6 at q40 and +9 at q90)
Grand Belt: base +5 at q10 (+10 at q40 and +25 at q90)
Exquisite Belt: base +10 at q10 (+20 at q40 and +30 at q90)
Troll Belt: Base base +15 at q10 (+30 at q40 and +45 at q90)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:50 pm

If you put an incentive to change your belt while leaving it cancer to take them off // rebind everything I'm going to laugh my ass off. Moreso if you provide an incentive to take some belts off every time you hand in a quest xd
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:18 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:If you put an incentive to change your belt while leaving it cancer to take them off // rebind everything I'm going to laugh my ass off. Moreso if you provide an incentive to take some belts off every time you hand in a quest xd

Didn't specify it, but this was the main reason why I said "not a fan" on the CHA penalty on Poor Man's Belt.

If it only applied to Poor Man's Belt it wouldn't actually be a problem; most people (I presume) already just go directly to the Snakeskin Belts directly. Nevertheless, this would be a good thing to fight against on a principle.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby shubla » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:21 pm

Should all clothes then provide some kind of cha buff based on how good they look? Not sure!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby VDZ » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:51 pm

shubla wrote:Should all clothes then provide some kind of cha buff based on how good they look? Not sure!

While we're at it, backpacks certainly make people look uncharismatic, don't they? In fact, people who go for a naked swim first are extra charismatic, we should force everyone to do that every time before claiming a quest reward!
VDZ

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:54 pm

stealth would be nice charisma not so much.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Return to Critique & Ideas