One World 2 Servers Different Rules

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

One World 2 Servers Different Rules

Postby Reyajh » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:17 am

loftar wrote
Astarisk wrote:
Let's remove perma-death (let's face it, this doesn't effect the top end one bit) and give the newer players a chance to learn the game without giving them the harshest punishment.

I think Haven should at least have aspirations to be a survival game, so if anything I'd like to make permadeath more common, and perhaps make the consequences of it more bearable.

So I been thinking and you got these Swirling Vortexes, which I love but they don't really do anything and survival games are really big and Haven's really a great game especially for exploring which I also love and well, why not have 2 servers with a risk rewards based system and on one you have no permadeath or some variation thereof, and on that server PvP doesn't kill the other toon and when they get raided I don't care, maybe they just loose their base and stuff gets stolen. Point is: You can adjust the consequences however you want but, most people are carebear'ie, or don't have the time, or whatever and will want to play under the safer conditions so you will get loads more players. But on that server Qualities rise slower because see (crossing fingers here) over there is the only place with winter, which explains why they rise slower (But, leave winter as it is or not,*Sobs*), the other thing is that some things aren't 'found' on that server and the only way to get them (and the Highest Q stuff) is by traveling merchants who travel thru the Vortexes which still change destinations from time to time thus creating more risk for the merchants because remember, they can still be raided and their stuff stolen over there. So the only way for toons to travel from one server to the other is thru Vortexes.

Also, as more people will play on the friendly server, that will also give them more time to learn the combat system and makes a lot more people want to go over to the PvP server and try for fame and glory and as an added benefit, perhaps only after being involved in PvP on the permadeath server, your char gets an aura or something which glows only when you are on the kindness server which shows everyone that you're such a badass and risked your toons life over there...

Keep in mind, the maps don't have to be the same size on both servers...

The world isn't too big, it just needs more folks init..

In summary:
1) One World, 2 Servers, different rules on each...
2) Permadeath and PK-PvP on one server and perhaps NOT to both on the other server, but some softer variation on the other server for sure.
3) Players can travel between servers (both ways) (should there be any limitations to inhibit ganking by PvP badasses on the Kindness servers?) but the only way to do so is thru Swirling Vortexes.
4) SVs still change destinations randomly, or however, maybe not...?
5) Whether winter is relegated to the Kindness server only, or not, there should be things on both servers that can only be found on that server and the only way to acquire them on the other server is by traveling merchants.
6) Players level faster and Qualities rise faster on the more dangerous server (The risk rewards).

I'm not a programmer or developer so what would be involved? I guess another server is mandatory and some rule variations/segregations is all really. Not implying that that's nothing.

So, let me know what you think...
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Re: One World 2 Servers Different Rules

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:12 am

Yea, this is Eve Online, Ultima Online(when they finally decided to grow the player base and added Trammel), Albion, the list goes on. All these models were/are successful. I am not sure how hard it would be for a two man team either.
DoctorCookie

Return to Critique & Ideas