QOL auto equip bags/bindles

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

QOL auto equip bags/bindles

Postby Xoatl » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:27 am

You can auto equip a shovel when you hit the level button on a survey plot or an axe when you go to chop down a tree and only if theres room in the belt to unequip present held items and the right tool already in the belt. Likewise why cant it be made so when you shift right click on a container or stockpile to pick up everything inside all at once that the game first checks do you have enough space for everything youre about to pick up at once? If no, it then checks are you holding bags/bindles? If no it checks are there bags/bindles in the belt? If yes it proceeds to equip the bags/bindles in the same fashion it currently does with the aforementioned examples.
Xoatl

Re: QOL auto equip bags/bindles

Postby WowGain » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:38 am

Big +1, if this was the case the belt could basically operate fully automatically without me having to sit and fumble around with it
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Xoatl » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:51 am

WowGain wrote:Big +1, if this was the case the belt could basically operate fully automatically without me having to sit and fumble around with it

My thoughts exactly
Xoatl

Postby Pommfritz » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:46 am

would be cool if this auto equip function would also try to equip the best possible tool for the action...
it just goes back to your recently used axe if you chop blocks or a tree instead of swapping to the lumberjacking axe
or it doesn't go to shears when you want to shear wool but have some random cutting tool equipped, likewise it doesn't go to the butchering cleaver when slaugthering
etc

I'm actually kind of indifferent regarding op, I have the sacks hotkeyed but that's also wonky. sometimes it would only equip one handslot with a traveler's sack and just equip the traveller's sack on the same slot pressing the hotkey. I think this happens when I have 2 1 handed items equipped before wanting to switch to 2 traveller's sacks with hotkeys.
same with sword and shield, I'd get stuck swapping sword and shield through 1 slot after I have 2 travelers sack's equipped.

here's a video of what I mean:
https://i.gyazo.com/b48412a178d9348d533 ... a32665.mp4
Pommfritz

Return to Critique & Ideas