Hunger changes from stream

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hunger changes from stream

Postby sMartins » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:53 pm

I'd say .... Food for thought in here!
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby ZoniaX » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:16 pm

would be nice to know if a suggestion was taken note of from Jorb and Loftar.
ZoniaX

Postby terechgracz » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:24 am

Just do it.
terechgracz

Postby strpk0 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:19 am

and get it done Image
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:25 pm

bump this would be really fucking nice
Last edited by wonder-ass on Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:39 pm

I've been thinking that hunger (really should be renamed to appetite, insert Cato copypasta) should be made purely a catch-up mechanic. Something like if you join when someone already has 1k stats, you get something crazy like 99% hunger reduction at 10 highest attribute, decreasing as you start to catch up.

Problems with this are:

1. Alts get the same benefit as brand new characters (this is a crux of issue with most suggestions that try to even out the playing field between "hardcore" and "casual" crowds like stat caps.)

2. Unclear how table/symbel would be useful (to everyone who is NOT the world leader in stats) in this situation. Making symbel is a much needed sink for various high-end materials.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Anaxyx » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:34 am

This seems to be the thread for hunger mechanic ideas so I'll pitch my 2cents worth here cause I don't wanna start yet another hunger thread and have it merged, make work for forum mods. Anyway.

Why not cap hunger at 100% and the only bonuses come from quests so you could get like 15% extra hunger pushing you into 115% hunger or something to that end. Lean more into individual dish satiations. Increase the satiation hit per consumption as well as increase the time it takes to return to baseline satiations. This would more or less force you to eat different foods. Unless I am missing something, so poke holes.

Hunger is supposed to be a catchup mechanic, as far as I have read, but all it seems to do now is force you to be VERY specific about what you eat/drink or risk being severely gimped which makes suiciding your character to start over with a better plan the best way. Sure there are other ways but at the end of the day its a whole lot of time wasted cause you ate food in a less than ideal way which is really silly to say.

"I didn't eat right in my game so now I am at a severe disadvantage."

The vast array of foods available v.s. the dishes actually eaten is pretty laughable.
Anaxyx

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:15 pm

Bumping to compete with based threads such as viewtopic.php?f=48&t=73783#p913373
DDDsDD999

Postby Oddity » Mon May 01, 2023 5:56 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Hunger changes were mentioned on stream. Hunger shouldn't be removed because being only limited by the variety of recipes available is dumb, infinite cooking bad.

1. Remove/limit salt consumption so hunger is an actual limitation for autists. Maybe change 300/200% bonus to 150/125% like an earlier thread since they're kinda retarded. Salt basically removed, very cool.
2. Make it so you gain 10% hunger when you raise a stat, 20% if you get a +2 fep (just random numbers), instead of current hunger, which unnecessarily punishes people that don't know the meta recipes. The limitations on stat gain should be based on the stats being gained. Might also make it so buying bad foods from noobs is more enticing since it's not overly punishing.
3. Make hunger increase less and/or regenerate faster the lower your stats are compared to the world leader. Muh catch-up
4. Make each stat have its own hunger bar, so gaining a random PSY fep doesn't screw over the feps you actually want. Also makes it so larpers that raise every stat aren't handicapping themselves even more.
5. Make pepper wound not do HHP damage, just make it a debuff that doesn't let you eat anymore spicy food. Noobs dying is funny but dying from eating is an instant quit

Edit: one more thing that could happen: Make each stat also have its own fep bar. Since they have separate maximums, raising one stat early in the game for some purpose doesn't handicap your character. (Not sure on this change, it would help miners, but miners deserve to suffer)

what are jorb & loftar waiting for?
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Kyrex » Tue May 02, 2023 10:49 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:2. Make it so you gain 10% hunger when you raise a stat, 20% if you get a +2 fep (just random numbers), instead of current hunger, which unnecessarily punishes people that don't know the meta recipes. The limitations on stat gain should be based on the stats being gained. Might also make it so buying bad foods from noobs is more enticing since it's not overly punishing.
3. Make hunger increase less and/or regenerate faster the lower your stats are compared to the world leader. Muh catch-up

+1
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas