Hunger changes from stream

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hunger changes from stream

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:36 pm

1) sounds good except that the problem is salt and not 300% hunger and salt is also a pretty good catch up mechanic so idk who cares tho +1
2) I don't understand
rest +1 for sure
Pommfritz

Postby Vert » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:20 pm

fairystyle wrote:
Vert wrote:i also think about hunger for every stat its gives you ability to change role, if you make mistake you can easily fix it.
with such sytem people can get some charisma to try hold the kingdom. IF you have 1000 strange and 10 charisma you probably didnt eventry to do it right now because of too much effort.

Actually hunger isn't really relevant in situation when you already have one stat 1000 fep and another 10 post factum. It will rather prevent it from the start (maybe? maybe not). If you refer to being able regain a lot of charisma quick since you have empty cha hunger - bad news, since it must be anyways op cha food for 1000 fep, which you will get satiated by soon anyways. So still it will be a lot of efforts bcs we are discussing adding personal hunger to each characteristic, not removing max fep

look like i didnt understand well.
I think about Fep Bar for every stat, not hunger bar.
so if you have 700 agility and 10 charisma and you eat cheese that gives you 300 agility and 300 charisma, you get 300 agility in agility fep bar, and you raise charisma since it have 10 fep bar.
So you can take easily a lot perception early world, and then when you understand you need to fight you can easily raise you const and strenght, and then you understand huh i want to quest.
Most of the food have const and charisma, so every people will have more than 200 hp in fight as result.
Vert

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:56 pm

signed
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby strpk0 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Pommfritz wrote:2) I don't understand

I think the idea would be so you can spam eat bad/sprucecap food and they won't give any hunger until you level up a FEP (at which point you'd gain 10-20% hunger like OP mentioned), that way the value of high q good food will be that you need less of them to level up, but you can still eat sprucecap food and not gain dumb amounts of hunger in the process, you'll just need a lot more of it.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:31 pm

got it, ty
sounds good.
Pommfritz

Postby fairystyle » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:51 am

strpk0 wrote:
Pommfritz wrote:2) I don't understand

I think the idea would be so you can spam eat bad/sprucecap food and they won't give any hunger until you level up a FEP (at which point you'd gain 10-20% hunger like OP mentioned), that way the value of high q good food will be that you need less of them to level up, but you can still eat sprucecap food and not gain dumb amounts of hunger in the process, you'll just need a lot more of it.

I wouldn't neccessary speak of bad food, just any unpopular before food, which noone would eat before (giving preference to 5-10 top recipes of current time period).
I especially will like if +2 fep will be x2 hunger, so +1 fep recipies are not complete outcast as it is now.
fairystyle

Postby HasseKebab » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:51 am

+1 signed
HasseKebab

Postby vatas » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:33 pm

My initial reaction to "you only get hunger when you level up an attribute" was "HELL NO" but the more I think of it the more I agree, also you could adjust the amount of hunger gained for catch-up mechanics.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:14 pm

vatas wrote:also you could adjust the amount of hunger gained for catch-up mechanics.

Agreed, added to op
DDDsDD999

Postby ZoniaX » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:17 pm

Would I get all the corresponding values ​​of a food and if my DEX bar is full i keep the progress on INT or would a lvl up reset all bars to zero?
ZoniaX

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas