Idea for PVP --- Surrendering

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Idea for PVP --- Surrendering

Postby Dimlight25 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:39 am

Pommfritz wrote:
vatas wrote:Instead of adding convoluted system like this, just add a way to practice PvP/fleeing superior opponent easily without having to risk a developed character. Of course even I was able to come up with a concept of rage alt village where you divide your group into two, first group takes one or more rage alts and starts fleeing from the rest. You'd leave actual scents and actual wounds, but it would be just rage alts in an alt village.

However, what if there was Valhalla-style simulation where you could it without all the hassle of building a village and creating/feeding 10 alts?

why would you need 10 alts to practise running?

MadNomad wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:learn to fight or die

the game is not about learning to fight, it does not involve skill, it is about having ridiculously higher stats

Are you sure? Snail KO'd me once with a 780ish statted alt vs my 2.8k str/1.2k agi/1.5k con or something at the time and we had equal gear. xd
This is borderline impossible to lose for someone that knows what he is doing is my guess but skill plays way more of a role than people give it credit for. Stats and gear matter too but not as much.

and if you are ridiculously outstatted then, yea stats matter obviously but it's not terribly hard to get into a 0.5x range of most people even if you are a hermit
¦]

Imo this idea has at least some potential, drop all shit and destroy hf when surrender so you get a spawn in the wild, doesn't need to be as complicated as op suggests.
but to make combat a bit more reasonable for most people I'd suggest a more straight forward food system and implement more possibilities to learn combat.
Most people you catch in the wild don't even try to run, it's retarded.

(edited becasue some numbers were wrong)

Sure your not just bad? Kekw
Dimlight25

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:17 pm

rewards PVPers

Bad idea. PVPrs should not be rewarded for ruining other peoples gameplay by non consenting pvp, they should be punished.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Dimlight » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:14 pm

Dimlight wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:Wounds seem to be so cancer when you're not wearing armour, to the extent of which this person decided that a week with 50% stats would be better than having a wretched gore.

PvP is also so cancer for new people, that they'd rather do this kind of crap than to engage into it. Thoughts?

The 50% is debatable, can be less. This is just to circumvent Murder and losing your character, which is what everyone is worried about. If you can fight back then fight back lol, and this is supposed to be a worse option than just a wound, so that you are not always using it. It is an option that you have, and it could be enabled to be once you are knocked out you surrender so you can't get murdered, this thread is to discuss the idea of Surrendering and not be whatever I initially posted xD

Maybe instead of debuffs to stats make it set your hhp to 1, and it could be a new wound for surrendering to the aggressor that slowly recovers 1 hp every 5-10 minutes or 1% of the wound total every 30min depending on which is faster. You will also keep all wounds you had before KO, the new wound is any HHP you would have had after the KO.

We could also set it to be a toggle for if you would get KOed in PVP then it would trigger the surrender, which will TP you back to hearth when you would wake up and grant immunity to murder while KOed.

Maybe also have a message shouted in the region/faction chat that "Victum" has surrendered to the might of "Person who delt most damage" or something along those lines.

Thoughts?
I will update the main post if any of these are liked more than what is currently there.
Dimlight

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:13 pm

Dimlight wrote: and also have a 24 hour or 1 week 50% stat debuff (debatable) with a quest system to shorten the timer.

but this is literally worse than dying? u gain more stats back when dead, I don't understand why u nematodes are so afraid of dying that you'd rather lose more in a fake death.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Massa » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:44 pm

So I'm a farmville veteran and I just found this game that has farming in it. It's advertised as a hardcore permadeath survival MMO and apparently there's like murder, disease, people can attack your house and stuff.

Can we remove this superfluous stuff and just keep the farming? It's super inconvenient. All I want to see is the funny number on my garbage pink turnips go up. Now please excuse me as I sink months into a PvP game despite hating PvP/conflict while trying to gut its sole shred of success.

Seriously though what the fuck is with these ideas? Don't walk into the forest if you hate trees. There are tons of other games where you can pointlessly and safely raise a funny number. Try cookie clicker or something. This game's ultimate goal is to simulate conflict.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:09 pm

It's mentality of this people, first thing about PvP for them is surrender xD I bet they surrender every league of legends game at 15.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Dimlight » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:31 am

wonder-ass wrote:
Dimlight wrote: and also have a 24 hour or 1 week 50% stat debuff (debatable) with a quest system to shorten the timer.

but this is literally worse than dying? u gain more stats back when dead, I don't understand why u nematodes are so afraid of dying that you'd rather lose more in a fake death.

Lmao do you not read? The new suggestion posted just before your post that I made has a different propsition, this is a forum to discuss topics, not to debate your single-minded devotion to unimprovement, if you don't like the 50% stat reduction propose something new that you think is better, currently i agree with the 50% reduction being bad, which is why we shoudl discuss topics instead of taking them as they are initially posted.
Dimlight

Postby Dimlight » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:40 am

Dimlight wrote:
Dimlight wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:Wounds seem to be so cancer when you're not wearing armour, to the extent of which this person decided that a week with 50% stats would be better than having a wretched gore.

PvP is also so cancer for new people, that they'd rather do this kind of crap than to engage into it. Thoughts?

The 50% is debatable, can be less. This is just to circumvent Murder and losing your character, which is what everyone is worried about. If you can fight back then fight back lol, and this is supposed to be a worse option than just a wound, so that you are not always using it. It is an option that you have, and it could be enabled to be once you are knocked out you surrender so you can't get murdered, this thread is to discuss the idea of Surrendering and not be whatever I initially posted xD

Maybe instead of debuffs to stats make it set your hhp to 1, and it could be a new wound for surrendering to the aggressor that slowly recovers 1 hp every 5-10 minutes or 1% of the wound total every 30min depending on which is faster. You will also keep all wounds you had before KO, the new wound is any HHP you would have had after the KO.

We could also set it to be a toggle for if you would get KOed in PVP then it would trigger the surrender, which will TP you back to hearth when you would wake up and grant immunity to murder while KOed.

Maybe also have a message shouted in the region/faction chat that "Victum" has surrendered to the might of "Person who delt most damage" or something along those lines.

Thoughts?
I will update the main post if any of these are liked more than what is currently there.

noindyfikator wrote:It's mentality of this people, first thing about PvP for them is surrender xD I bet they surrender every league of legends game at 15.

If you read, you still have to pvp, in the most recent post I changed the idea for surrender to be a toggle that only happens when you get KOed and only prevents murder. So literally all that happens is you won't die, and if you try and reengage in the next week or so you cannot retoggle surrender to prevent people just mindlessly running into PVP cuz they are bad, that way the bad people just die. This is designed around the more passive people while keeping the aggressive people in mind so that both sides have a win-win, not favoring one side or another.
Dimlight

Postby Vraatjuh » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:15 am

Massa wrote:So I'm a farmville veteran and I just found this game that has farming in it. It's advertised as a hardcore permadeath survival MMO and apparently there's like murder, disease, people can attack your house and stuff.

Can we remove this superfluous stuff and just keep the farming? It's super inconvenient. All I want to see is the funny number on my garbage pink turnips go up. Now please excuse me as I sink months into a PvP game despite hating PvP/conflict while trying to gut its sole shred of success.

Seriously though what the fuck is with these ideas? Don't walk into the forest if you hate trees. There are tons of other games where you can pointlessly and safely raise a funny number. Try cookie clicker or something. This game's ultimate goal is to simulate conflict.

Maybe it's not the fact that people don't like conflict, but just don't like the stupidity of getting months of work erased by a single no-lifer.
The whole reason this debate has started again lately is because of some snail person constantly bragging about murdering random noobs, just because he takes satisfaction from ruining other peoples day. And the fact that he has no life and has the time to do this for hours a day, doesn't help.

90% of the people complaining just want to get rid of these shenanigans. And 'get gud' is not a proper solution.

This games ultimate goal is also not to simulate conflict. It's just a current byproduct to prevent abuse, as stated by Jorb himself.
Vraatjuh

Postby Seriouskai » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:25 am

Vraatjuh wrote:
This games ultimate goal is also not to simulate conflict. It's just a current byproduct to prevent abuse, as stated by Jorb himself.

Yet it's mostly if not only used to abuse from all stories I hear :(
Seriouskai

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas