Grass growing & Mowing

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Grass growing & Mowing

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:13 am

Have you ever seen grass? It rarely grows cleanly like it does in the game.
After some while, it will get seriously overgrown.

This should happen in the game too.
You would then have to either mow your lawn, or let some sheep and cow free to eat it off.

Lawnmower could work kind of like a plow.
In this manner.

You could probably also cut it with shears by hand, tile by tile, if required.

In addition maybe you could then collect and dry this grass to feed your animals.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Grass growing & Mowing

Postby Dimlight25 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:05 pm

Maybe have it able to "mow" the forest tiles into normal grass tiles, and they would overgrow in 3 stages, first stage is longer grass, second would be the rougher plains grass and third back to a thick forest grass, the higher the stage the slower you move when pushing the mower.

Also these stages would affect player placed grass or grass affected by the mower and not natural grass? So early world hermits can find their yarrow :p
Dimlight25

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:07 pm

I miss when forest decayed through stages instead of going straight to Grass.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:27 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:I miss when forest decayed through stages instead of going straight to Grass.

Bring this back or at least have the game track what grassland-type an area has so everything doesn't invariably decay to planted grass.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Return to Critique & Ideas