Stop the Nonsense Dreams Farm

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Stop the Nonsense Dreams Farm

Postby VDZ » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:41 pm

sMartins wrote: I Remember you all that this change would apply for everyone anyone who doesn't bot, so it's not that you will absolutely fall behind without yours Unlimited supply of Dreams!

Fixed that for you.
VDZ

Postby sMartins » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:25 pm

VDZ wrote:Fixed that for you.

So that's your fear? like always after all.

Efficiency, oh no I felt behind! The world will collapse on me now!

You cannot compete with bots in a repetitive task, Dreams or not, the whole game Is already like that, cause it's a software that simulate life = repetitive tasks ... So doesn't matter at all. Who cares about no lifers Who use bots to play a videogame? Not me.

The game (this kind of games) to thrive has to be meaningful and nice! And my suggestion points in that direction!

Dreams or not, bots will always have an advantage in a game like this.
Lets start closing the client, but that Is another topic.

PS
Jeez, I have to explain this every time!
A work of art cannot be open, or do you think you can write La Divina Commedia open source?
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:18 am

If you want to convince people of a change to A Beautiful Dream is needed, you'll need to do more to convince people other than "it's not realistic" and "I think it's a placeholder for something else they may or may not have intended." Right now, they're too much of a necessity in game. This is just an outright nerf into the ground to total uselessness or an abject cry to "please make yet another thing we must bot in order to even use it." As it is, smaller villages and hermits can get by with managing their dream catchers by hand currently.

Otherwise, I'm with Nightdawg. It's a troll suggestion, and you should be sent to Hel to live out your life as a plaything for Loki for such an idea.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby sMartins » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:39 am

MagicManICT wrote:If you want to convince people of a change to A Beautiful Dream is needed, you'll need to do more to convince people other than "it's not realistic" and "I think it's a placeholder for something else they may or may not have intended." Right now, they're too much of a necessity in game. This is just an outright nerf into the ground to total uselessness or an abject cry to "please make yet another thing we must bot in order to even use it." As it is, smaller villages and hermits can get by with managing their dream catchers by hand currently.

Otherwise, I'm with Nightdawg. It's a troll suggestion, and you should be sent to Hel to live out your life as a plaything for Loki for such an idea.

I don't want to convince anybody, I'm just remembering to devs that the dreams feature, as It Is, it's ugly and broken, while could be very intriguing and fascinating, so pls fix It soon or later.

That's all what I'm doing in here, other than having fun talking with you guys. :D
sMartins

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:18 am

sMartins wrote:I don't want to convince anybody,

If you can't be bothered trying to explain it to the players, why should jorb or loftar either one acknowledge your opinion? For all you know, it functions exactly as intended.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:42 am

>more easily accessible

Trellises (single row) can be auto-harvested. Dream-catchers could be processed in a similar way ... if dev's put there mind to it.
mvgulik

Postby sMartins » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:43 am

MagicManICT wrote:
sMartins wrote:I don't want to convince anybody,

If you can't be bothered trying to explain it to the players, why should jorb or loftar either one acknowledge your opinion? For all you know, it functions exactly as intended.

I'm willing to explain everything you guys ask about, as I already did, just I have no conceit to convince anyone.

It's Just what I think the game could benefit from ...
As opposed to many of you that just think Selfishly at your own personal convenience.
sMartins

Postby MadNomad » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:51 pm

sMartins wrote:While farming makes sense for carrots, It doesn't for dreams!

why?

you can craft things with them
crafting things is sense-making I think, because you can use them, for example study as curio for LP
so those beautiful dream items are useful, and because they are useful, it makes sense to farm them, it wouldn't make sense if you couldn't use them for anything

sMartins wrote:It's Just what I think the game could benefit from ...

how?

when you have less things it's not a benefit but loss
MadNomad

Postby sMartins » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:31 pm

The desire to obtain anything Is what moves living Beens.
If you give Them Unlimited supply of what they Need, they Just stand there waiting to die.
The mechanism of desire Is what generetes feelings and emotions, happiness, sadness, rewards, meanings and so on.

As I suggest, the dreams feature would be way more meaningful and players Will Remember that, like the curio boat that float, like the firebrand, and so on.

Also I'm not opposed to extend the dreamcatcher capacity. 7 would be a good Number.
sMartins

Postby AriZona » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:40 pm

-1 to the proposed idea
AriZona

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas