Remove +base stat credo rewards

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Remove +base stat credo rewards

Postby redivider » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 am

https://puu.sh/IDVlm/89cf1c8365.png
its so annoying when you have this and the credo asks you to "get +1 PER" which would give me a total of +11 stats to my FEP requirement, which is 50% of my current FEP, thats retarded. Either make the rewards not count towards your base (add the feature of having bonus stats, like for skills, that dont effect your FEP needed to level up) or just remove them and add cool new things, like the more herbs picked or something. I think its always cooler anyhow to add more tricks up your sleeve than to make us some % bigger sleeve. Basically: stats from credos = boring and annoying

what do you think bros?
redivider

Re: Remove +base stat credo rewards

Postby vatas » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 am

Agreed, it should be made that your total Attribute score is [base]+[equipment bonuses up to equal of base]+[credo bonuses (maybe some other special cases)].
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Fostik » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:00 am

redivider wrote:https://puu.sh/IDVlm/89cf1c8365.png
its so annoying when you have this and the credo asks you to "get +1 PER" which would give me a total of +11 stats to my FEP requirement, which is 50% of my current FEP, thats retarded. Either make the rewards not count towards your base (add the feature of having bonus stats, like for skills, that dont effect your FEP needed to level up) or just remove them and add cool new things, like the more herbs picked or something. I think its always cooler anyhow to add more tricks up your sleeve than to make us some % bigger sleeve. Basically: stats from credos = boring and annoying

what do you think bros?

Excuses for offtopic, but IMO what you are doing rn is trying to make a concern out of own delusion.

Having a gap in your character FEP is not something bad, you can easy bear with bigger gaps in your stats according to your development. Finding better variable recipes and ingredients for them, developing better table and setting a production of spices always increases your ability to get +1 stat from one bite, even when you have pretty big FEP.
For example, my main has 1300 STR, but 170 total FEP meatpie made of pepper and pork gives me stat from 1 bite on my table at 300% hunger.
Ofc I've stat 500-800 stat gapes, but this does not feel like a problem.

Returning to credo stat bonuses, they're kind of essential for development for most players, having ability to get +10 or +20 stat during credo completion on world start is a kind of instant jump into specialization player will keen on. I really don't want this to be removed.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Sevenless » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:31 pm

Fostik wrote:Returning to credo stat bonuses, they're kind of essential for development for most players, having ability to get +10 or +20 stat during credo completion on world start is a kind of instant jump into specialization player will keen on. I really don't want this to be removed.

It does cut both ways, gaming credo stats by intentionally dropping a quest to eat then regaining the quest is a niche situation I did this world. It feels weird. Overall the problem comes down to the credo base stat system hurting the same people that struggle with the food system to fix the imbalance it creates. Just part of what makes learning haven hostile to newbies, even if vets actually prefer this more convoluted system.

I'm in the camp that moving credo bonuses to bonus stats instead of base stats would make for a smoother experience overall. I don't think the powerspikes would be wasted tbh, the super early stats that are useful (hunting/foraging come to mind) come before you can tailor a set to cap you out anyway.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MadNomad » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:24 pm

redivider wrote:its so annoying when you have this and the credo asks you to "get +1 PER" which would give me a total of +11 stats to my FEP requirement

I thought that 1 is not equal to 11
MadNomad

Postby redivider » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:58 pm

MadNomad wrote:
redivider wrote:its so annoying when you have this and the credo asks you to "get +1 PER" which would give me a total of +11 stats to my FEP requirement

I thought that 1 is not equal to 11

1 (from the quest) + 10 (from the credo reward) = 11
redivider

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:06 pm

Repost of an already rejected idea viewtopic.php?f=48&t=63431&p=749146#p749002

Mod, please merge/hel
DDDsDD999

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:10 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Repost of an already rejected idea viewtopic.php?f=48&t=63431&p=749146#p749002

Mod, please merge/hel

Thought it had come up before. Thanks for the link.

If anything, and if I'm reading this correctly, this is one of those edge case bugs I think at least a few of us have ran into when you have a particular quest (gain +x in a stat) and completing a credo step makes it impractical to complete as a "short term" quest. Will ask about that.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:06 pm

stat bonuses from credos are indeed quite useless because they are low, so It would indeed be good to replace them with something better, we just need ideas
MadNomad

Return to Critique & Ideas