Recruit from Realms

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Recruit from Realms

Postby sMartins » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am

redscarfdemon wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:Kinda cringe nobody bothered to log in to help the people still playing that helped them build the place.If our village were to get sieged id 100% log in to help doesnt matter if i quit 5 months ago.

When the siege was occurring, there were a lot of people in chat who indicated their desire to help but were not able to because:

* they didn't know how
* they didn't know where the siege was
* they wouldn't be able to repair/rebuild without permissions even if there were a way to get there

This might be a limitation of the game.

A button to inform First and to send later an invite to all the active claims in the reign, to join the fight and defend the Capital as last Hope.
Arrow pointing to the Capital.
Bring weapons and/or resources to repair/defend.
More cooperation Is good.

RAW idea, feel free to suggest how this could be done.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Re: Recruit from Realms

Postby Phaen » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:59 pm

Your idea would also invite enemies who set up an active claim in the realm.
Phaen

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:21 pm

Yes, the primary problem would be that if you allow anyone to come "defend" you need to give them permission to also do things that would hinder the process of defending.

I was thinking of some system were you can designate at least somewhat trustworthy players as "bannermen" and only after using "call banners" would they get permissions. Of course this wouldn't be foolproof but it would be a last resort kind of deal anyway.

*Terms placeholders
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby sMartins » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:34 pm

Phaen wrote:Your idea would also invite enemies who set up an active claim in the realm.

I'm aware ... I don't know which permission Is currently needed to repair stuff ... Tho maybe we can set no permission to repair, I don't see any problem with that.
However Realms and sieges are out of my competence, so I let You to talk about and Who has more competence in the matter.
sMartins

Postby sMartins » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:46 pm

I just add that the structure needed for this kind of thing would be fun if it was a bell tower:

sMartins

Postby Sevenless » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:46 pm

I can think of interesting concepts like "guardian statues" that come to life when hearthling is called upon to defend the realm with stats based on construction quality/maintenance/etc of the defending kingdom. Gives anyone the kingdom trusts enough to invite a way to defend while sidestepping the fact that randos in the kingdom won't have equipment quality/stats to be useful in a fight. Takes care of perm settings being automated as well. But too many holes for possible abuse in the idea I'm sure. Bots are a concern, although if the true cost comes in maintaining these statues that shouldn't be as much of an issue?

Ah well, fun to think about.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Ferinex » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:21 pm

the problem highlighted in this thread isn't the result of any deficiency in the game mechanics, but instead a deficiency in the political will of those who have put themselves in charge of realms. They have clearly demonstrated their ability to focus their efforts on something as meticulous and devoted as stepping through the hoops presented to create a realm and its bonuses, but have shown a complete failing and inability to socialize themselves with the players within that realm, gain political influence and support, nor even connect those people together in a cohesive way, the way in which nations must do to be strong, through both comms and logistics. My reckoning is that those tools are already in the game and exist, but have not been leveraged by the people who are "committed" enough to actually create a realm, because those people tend also not to be particularly well socialized or well-rounded people.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ferinex wrote:but have shown a complete failing and inability to socialize themselves with the players within that realm, gain political influence and support

What the fuck could you do for me that would be worth five or less minutes of my time spent talking to you? Don't overvalue yourself, disgusting nematode
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Ferinex » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:28 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ferinex wrote:but have shown a complete failing and inability to socialize themselves with the players within that realm, gain political influence and support

What the fuck could you do for me that would be worth five or less minutes of my time spent talking to you? Don't overvalue yourself, disgusting nematode

the art of subtext is clearly not lost on you
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby Pickard » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:27 am

Ferinex wrote:... complete failing and inability to socialize themselves with the players within that realm, gain political influence and support, nor even connect those people together in a cohesive way, the way in which nations must do to be strong, through both comms and logistics ...

The truth is, any usefull people asks and gets invited to alliances. Its 5-10% of the realm population.
Another 10% helps in non pvp matters (im telling about guano/silver/crystalls donators and help with extending realm to their villages).
All others can not or dont want to help at all. Among them 20% is complete assholes. You will damn all haven population after speaking with one of them.
No thanks.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas