add sausages made out of troll and made out of mammoth

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

add sausages made out of troll and made out of mammoth

Postby MadNomad » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:20 pm

right now it is maybe good to use those meats in some recipes, but it would be nice if we had an alternative for other feps and that uses intestines

also add whale and orca sausages

perhaps also some bat sausage that doesn't require a mushroom
MadNomad

Re: add sausages made out of troll and made out of mammoth

Postby vatas » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:26 pm

Orca sausage absolutely needs to be a pun based on Free Willy.

(Willy is a slang term, similar to wiener.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby strpk0 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:56 pm

-1, Its time to stop adding recipes to the game. Satiations are per recipe so increasing the amount of relevant foods just widens the gaps between tryhards and casual players. We already got pelicans and packed pouches and stuffed birds which severely increased the barrier to entry to relevant stats for PvP next world.

As it is, there's already too much of an incentive to bot orcas/whales/mammoths/trolls/etc. And on the other hand, if the new sausages/recipes are bad then it's just wasted dev time for useless bloat content.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby MadNomad » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:14 pm

strpk0 wrote:amount of relevant foods just widens the gaps between tryhards and casual players

the gaps are still going to stay so adding 5 more sausages isn't going to change anything in this sense

but it does give us an alternative to use these meats with intestines, as I said

strpk0 wrote:f the new sausages/recipes are bad then it's just wasted dev time for useless bloat content.

no need to make them bad then, who said they should be?
MadNomad

Postby strpk0 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:29 pm

"Here's a problem with the game so why not double and triple down while we're at it"

I think you misunderstand the difference between only having autumn steaks, meat-in-jelly and meat pies as a viable way to consume whale meat, and having more.
Per viable(good, useful) recipe you're effectively increasing the amount of possible stat progression from a single food source, while also making it so in order to stay competitive you're forced to participate in all of the recipes, and keep your satiations full on all of them at once, also increasing the amount of whale you need to gather to keep up with said recipes.

These are the kind of updates that heavily benefit botters in exchange for what seems like harmless larpy choice or variety in food recipes.

strpk0

Postby MadNomad » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 pm

strpk0 wrote:"Here's a problem with the game so why not double and triple down while we're at it"

I think it would be much, much less than double

strpk0 wrote:I think you misunderstand the difference between only having autumn steaks, meat-in-jelly and meat pies as a viable way to consume whale meat, and having more.
Per viable(good, useful) recipe you're effectively increasing the amount of possible stat progression from a single food source, while also making it so in order to stay competitive you're forced to participate in all of the recipes, and keep your satiations full on all of them at once, also increasing the amount of whale you need to gather to keep up with said recipes.

These are the kind of updates that heavily benefit botters in exchange for what seems like harmless larpy choice or variety in food recipes.

you're too seriously obsessed about being top of the top!

perhaps they could give a lot of crafting feps to calm your obsession?
MadNomad

Postby strpk0 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:03 pm

MadNomad wrote:you're too seriously obsessed about being top of the top!

...and then you see the threads upon threads of people asking the devs to remove PvP because "those darn botters have too many stats and I can't defend myself". I don't understand how you brainlets make suggestions like this and don't realize how much you're shooting yourself in the foot each time. But sure, lets say I'm the one that gets hurt/inconvenienced by these types of updates.

MadNomad wrote:perhaps they could give a lot of crafting feps to calm your obsession?

That sounds more reasonable, maybe specify that in your post before making suggestions around foods that currently exclusively give combat-related stats.

strpk0

Postby axus » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:16 pm

Maybe they can change satiations to base Ingredients, kind of a middle ground between the old system and the current
axus

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:16 pm

Nerf cachalot FEPs to be on par with other animals/livestock.

Multiply the amount of meat whale gives by up to several times the current.

Add smaller fauna like sharks to ocean that are worth hunting, if you happen to stumble upon a cachalot on shark hunting trip its a "cool, a shit ton of decent meat if I put in the effort to cheese it" -moment.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:28 pm

Why no Weird Meat sausage?
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas