Each year wipe - good or bad?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Each year wipe - good or bad?

Postby bumfrog » Mon May 09, 2022 3:54 am

you’re playing a game accidentally designed to wholeheartedly reward the efforts of “meteorite monkeys”: one which gives them advanced forms of progression like theft and high tier PVE, grants them the ability to defend themselves from other like-minded players, and allows them to annihilate LARP worms utterly with, well actually a significant effort because siege of a claimed pali setup by even a semicompetent (30 mins tops of ‘research’ required) player is nigh impossible without a 20 hour+ campout.

If devs wanted theme park MMO, spoonfed, drool-keyboard, fortnite battle pass casuals to succeed they wouldn’t so vehemently lock the most efficient progression behind intentionally obtuse bs like cooking recipes, meatsmoking woodtypes, alchemy, glassworking, pvp itself, troll/whale mechanics, etc, etc, ETC, ETC, that only the most autistic of neets can decipher.

You speak of some fraction of the “good and wholesome larpers” who engage in combat for village disputes or whatever made up scenarios from your vivid sprucecap imagination, without realizing that any such player is just a “meteorite monkey” in training/being somewhat less efficient. It’s actually quite funny, the reason the big bad baboons do as they do isn’t because they’re some evil mutant chuds bent on watching the world burn, but because they’re trying to extract “fun” from a “video game”, are playing the game as it stands more efficiently than the rest and have discovered that ‘village to village politics and combat’ systems are not at all engaging to actually interface with if such gameplay interactions have been thought out or implemented at all. Destroying sprucecap settlements is the only moderately amusing option left to someone who follows the track of success the game encourages.

It’s a hilarious byproduct of the devs being bound with unbreakable chains to the idea of a pvp sandbox mmo while being sprucecap larperbabies at heart. They are unable to devise adequate game systems to make large scale pvp engaging or even tolerable (or even functional as of w13). At the same time they’ve tricked themselves into being completely unable to take feedback from competent and passionate PVPers at face value because the most committed players are also incentivized not to share it honestly for fear of losing competitive advantages.

Hafen is a pipe that leads to becoming a so-called monkey, and the developers are stubbornly opposed to changing that direction. Accept its flow (and, play a pvp game to pvp! How morally reprehensible!) or gtfo lol. Skill issue tbh
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby DonVelD » Mon May 09, 2022 4:50 am

any meteorite monkey playing haven and hearth can't play - all they know is getting free gear, use they bots, argue on discord, be homosexual, eat whale and lie

but fr tho the "meteorite monkey" take is very obviously from a point of view of a larper who is oblivious, there is never just black and white - +1 to bumfrogs post

PS. were meteorites any good & desirable like, ever? no idea where the name came from...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby bumfrog » Mon May 09, 2022 4:59 am

nah meteorites’ big draw was always high q and the deepest mine levels give better q iron anyway iirc. After a certain point meteor fights r just out of habit. Nobody gives a huge fuck abt slightly better thanes or that one gild

basically the only reason ppl fight over meteors is because there’s fuck else to fight over. Realms suck btw. People who play the game well are starving for a reason to flex their skill and might because bozo devs have no idea how to make pvp interesting
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Fostik » Mon May 09, 2022 7:23 am

Shri wrote:
True. Let me spend 1 year of my life before I commnent on forum about anything ..
That's why forum is made for... for old fart's.... just like in politics...

thx for reply anyway, bro. :)

Noone says you can't write on forum or anything like that, but to vote for things like that you must be at least impacted or included into it, otherwise weight of your opinion is zero.
Voting against regular wipes just because you have joined recently and don't want to lose everything is quite childish.

From my point of view you are just a guy who joined the game, liked it, and trying impact game development. The problem is that you are inexperienced and may understand different mechanics wrong, or may not know about nuances of hidden deep mechanics. Let's assume your ideas will be implemented, and you after playing 2-3 months will find another MMORPG with survival, cows, carrots and stone axes, and will just silently leave haven. For what's sake people coped with your opinions here then?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Shri » Mon May 09, 2022 12:22 pm

Fostik wrote:
Shri wrote:
True. Let me spend 1 year of my life before I commnent on forum about anything ..
That's why forum is made for... for old fart's.... just like in politics...

thx for reply anyway, bro. :)

Noone says you can't write on forum or anything like that, but to vote for things like that you must be at least impacted or included into it, otherwise weight of your opinion is zero.
Voting against regular wipes just because you have joined recently and don't want to lose everything is quite childish.

From my point of view you are just a guy who joined the game, liked it, and trying impact game development. The problem is that you are inexperienced and may understand different mechanics wrong, or may not know about nuances of hidden deep mechanics. Let's assume your ideas will be implemented, and you after playing 2-3 months will find another MMORPG with survival, cows, carrots and stone axes, and will just silently leave haven. For what's sake people coped with your opinions here then?

You are totally right.

As newbie player.. I don't have much things to discus on forum.. just did my opinion and wanted to hear other ones.
Did my vote, yep, but I do not expect it will have an weight.

But still.. I got my eyes and reasons.. seeing so, soo many players quitted after like, 9 months.. cause (I assume. Beside they got bored) they don't see point in pushing gameplay/progress more since near wipe..
Also, I did mention some other reasons.. but pretty much they war all commented well, by community.

Anyway.. I don't think is stupid from me to talk about it, without playing for a year at least. When game go out big.. There will be a tons of ppl like me, and 'first impressions' and etcetera..
As long as it is constructive. I care.
Shri

Postby Shri » Mon May 09, 2022 12:28 pm

There is a lot of good comments. THANKS to all of you.
And I apologize if I did rush to much to join this awesome community.

You all got so strong feelings about the game.. and I love it! :D
Ill be more careful in the future.

Best regards!
Shri

Postby OIchi » Mon May 09, 2022 1:12 pm

Shri wrote:There is a lot of good comments. THANKS to all of you.

Best regards!

It's like you never read what ppl are saying.

Your input is welcome here, just try to get some experience of it or at least make some research about the matter.(I'm pretty sure it's not the only thread about it on this forum)

Here you have started a topic with no experience on the matter and without thought about consequences.
OIchi

Postby Nightdawg » Mon May 09, 2022 1:28 pm

Each year wipe good.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Shri » Mon May 09, 2022 2:06 pm

OIchi wrote:
Shri wrote:There is a lot of good comments. THANKS to all of you.

Best regards!

It's like you never read what ppl are saying.

Your input is welcome here, just try to get some experience of it or at least make some research about the matter.(I'm pretty sure it's not the only thread about it on this forum)

Here you have started a topic with no experience on the matter and without thought about consequences.

I can't believe it, that my apologize did not satisfy you. Ill beat my self with q300 log today.. Hopping such consequences will be enough :arrow: :oops:

And no worries.. you wont see me talking again on forum before 1 year badge. I promise.
Shri

Postby MadNomad » Wed May 11, 2022 11:11 am

Permament world would be a good thing because it would stop addiction of a lot of people addicted to world resets

those who achieve everything in 4 months should stop being smeagols chained to their precious screen 15 hours per day, crawl out of their cave and see some sun, but their skin might burn in contact with sun and there might be a feeling unpleasant for eyes after leaving a dark cave into open space with sunlight

or if they are not in front of screen 15 hours per day they should stop being leeches and work on their own for their stuff

Shri wrote:I dont need a badge to say may opinion

indeed! some points you have made(not all of them) I already had in my mind in the past, but I did not find enough motivation and time to post them, and you have made some good points, don't worry, talking is what forum is for, do not listen to old forum farts, you don't need a badge to talk
MadNomad

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas