Give bats a "tether" to the tree or wherever they roost

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Give bats a "tether" to the tree or wherever they roost

Postby vatas » Wed May 11, 2022 1:11 pm

If you just run away without hitting them back, they will eventually de-aggro due to being too far from the tether. Any case of de-aggro will make them fly back to tether.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Give bats a "tether" to the tree or wherever they roost

Postby ChakatStormCloud » Thu May 19, 2022 8:35 am

You know, walking slow is a good way to not aggro them in the first place, and cave entrance/exits do wonders for de-aggroing a bat.

I suck at this game, and even I know that.

+ why make bats any different from pretty much every other animal in the game, just doesn't make sense.
ChakatStormCloud

Postby wonder-ass » Fri May 20, 2022 8:18 am

ChakatStormCloud wrote:why make bats any different from pretty much every other animal in the game, just doesn't make sense.

bcs they are annoying
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Fri May 20, 2022 10:10 am

I'll admit that the reason I made this thread is at least partially how my alt got attacked by bats while trying to do a credo.

Think about it. Why would a bat attack you? It thinks you're a threat, and does a pre-emptive strike. If you start running away, why would it chase you?

Optimally lot of animals (everything except bear and wolves) wouldn't even attack you (at least, at first) but do various gestures basically signaling "I don't like your face, get out of here or I will attack." However I understand that this is a LOT to actually implement this.

I thought of something that MAYBE would be relatively easy to implement.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Critique & Ideas