New World Old Tools

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

New World Old Tools

Postby Matexo » Sat May 14, 2022 5:35 pm

For the players who stick the world out to the very end, what could be a greater reward than being allowed to take one item with them to the next one? The Devs could allow hearthlings that have logged in for a certain amount of time towards when the world will reset the ability to take one piece of equipment or tool with them to the next world. That wouldn't include a high quality animal or workstation like a herbalists table. (Weapons I believe shouldn't be allowed as there would issues of griefing same issue with sledgehammers but that leaves axes out as well. A more experienced player would have a better opinion about that and I would love to hear thoughts on that below. I think maybe the condition the tool or equipment must be a 1x1 item would help remove lots of problematic items players could potentially have at the start.)

I could very easily see a lot of issues with this regarding fairness, but I think the true benefit would lie in increasing player activity potentially. With rumors of a new world on the horizon players may be enticed to return even if only for a short time. I think the idea you have to start over when a new world starts is always exciting, but having a piece of your old hearthling with you in the new world is an enticing way to encourage playing even in the late game.
Tailor of Brodgar
Exceptional Service & Quick Delivery
Walking Cupboard
Matexo

Re: New World Old Tools

Postby bumfrog » Sat May 14, 2022 6:12 pm

players are smarter (or at least, have more numbers, drive and free time, but frankly are also smarter) than devs. In trying to ban every truly broken item they’d miss an item (high q branch/stone/treepot) and then whichever player found the missed item would start the world with an insane head start.

Also just a dumb idea in general that misses the point of a reset in a competitive game. -1
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Sat May 14, 2022 7:12 pm

bumfrog wrote:Also just a dumb idea in general that misses the point of a reset in a competitive game. -1
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Sat May 14, 2022 7:21 pm

vatas wrote:
bumfrog wrote:Also just a dumb idea in general that misses the point of a reset in a competitive game. -1
pawnchito

Postby DonVelD » Sat May 14, 2022 8:13 pm

pawnchito wrote:
vatas wrote:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Matexo » Sat May 14, 2022 8:31 pm

bumfrog wrote:players are smarter (or at least, have more numbers, drive and free time, but frankly are also smarter) than devs. In trying to ban every truly broken item they’d miss an item (high q branch/stone/treepot) and then whichever player found the missed item would start the world with an insane head start.

Also just a dumb idea in general that misses the point of a reset in a competitive game. -1

Ok fair enough, maybe carrying over items does miss the point of a reset you're right in saying that, but other than hats nothing carries over into the next world. Maybe implementing something like hearthlings receiving a flag they can place when they start in the new world of the last village they were allied to.
Tailor of Brodgar
Exceptional Service & Quick Delivery
Walking Cupboard
Matexo

Postby dageir » Sat May 14, 2022 9:03 pm

Do we even know if there will be a new world?
dageir

Postby ctopolon4 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:17 pm

id love to see reworked questing, and transfered completed credos to new world to not spend half year to make them again with rerolling stupid curio quests and suffer at scholar credo
ctopolon4

Return to Critique & Ideas