Personal claim vs vandalism case: bashing fresh bases

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Personal claim vs vandalism case: bashing fresh bases

Postby Zachary09 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:46 am

Hi! I was recommended by the devs to post this suggestion thread via a Facebook response under their patch post.

Currently bases require atleast a single month to be considered "fully settled" for the purposes of siege timing: rams' drying time is influenced by the current claim's power (which raises from 0% to 100% over the course of 28 RL days). I'm guessing it was necessary to prevent troll claims or otherwise nefarious activities next to settled places.

This current state of affairs obviously is detrimental to normal gameplay: as in recent case of Brodgar, the city was essentially razed to the ground without the possibility of even stashing the goods found within on secure alts before the siege was discovered.

I propose two solutions to this problem.

The first solution is to reduce personal claim "drying" time to one RL week. This gives the potential defenders enough time to react to a hostile claim while also doesn't prevent normal gameplay as much as four RL weeks.

The second solution is to implement some kind of a solution where a personal claim receives a penalty based on the proximity to other personal or village claims.

It makes no sense that a completely non-hostile (or otherwise "normal") claim is penalized just because of an anti-griefing or anti-trolling mechanic.
Zachary09

Re: Personal claim vs vandalism case: bashing fresh bases

Postby DatSheep » Mon May 16, 2022 2:50 am

A word comes to mind, it starts with a c and ends with an o.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:58 am

Signed. The one month timer is way too long for legitimate bases.
DDDsDD999

Postby WowGain » Mon May 16, 2022 5:46 am

Have you considered not being a retard and publicly advertising your base before its secure, if you're going to at all?
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Piratex » Mon May 16, 2022 7:08 am

WowGain wrote:Have you considered not being a retard and publicly advertising your base before its secure, if you're going to at all?

Nothing more to add.
Piratex

Postby DonVelD » Mon May 16, 2022 9:34 am

You've made a simple fuckup and now own it and don't change the game around it, so you can make it again, also:
Zachary09 wrote:the city was essentially razed to the ground without the possibility of even stashing the goods found within on secure alts before the siege was discovered.

You're basically saying "they sieged me legit but that was too fast so i couldn't make my loot absolutely impossible to get" Don't you see a problem there? What if we turn it around - villages during a siege should get their goods locked inside of the base without the possibility to funnel it somewhere, destroy or stash on alts, so there's an incentive to actually defend from the siege, because right now it makes the mechanic pointless. :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby vatas » Mon May 16, 2022 11:04 am

Worth noting: as far as I know, NOTHING in-game warned OP that his claim will be next to useless for first two weeks.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby WowGain » Mon May 16, 2022 12:34 pm

vatas wrote:Worth noting: as far as I know, NOTHING in-game warned OP that his claim will be next to useless for first two weeks.

all it takes is inspecting the ground where your claim is to know its current power level.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby RazzSlaver » Mon May 16, 2022 12:42 pm

The game currently requires from us tremendous amount of time to achieve something, building 10000 layers of palisade (to discourage raiding) just because you want a village is just stupid. The community is already extremally toxic so lets not give them additional tools to show it.
RazzSlaver

Postby vatas » Mon May 16, 2022 2:59 pm

WowGain wrote:
vatas wrote:Worth noting: as far as I know, NOTHING in-game warned OP that his claim will be next to useless for first two weeks.

all it takes is inspecting the ground where your claim is to know its current power level.

Where does it say that power level affects required siege machine dry time?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas