Idea to make world's live on FORVER! (I guess)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Idea to make world's live on FORVER! (I guess)

Postby Nightdawg » Wed May 25, 2022 1:26 pm

I refuse to believe that this user, which registered in 2014, is genuinely honest and not just trolling with this suggestion

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pills » Wed May 25, 2022 1:33 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I refuse to believe that this user, which registered in 2014, is genuinely honest and not just trolling with this suggestion

this tbh.

donatas081294 wrote:Some people want resets and others don't.

People want resets, not parts of the world wiping but everybody gets to keep all their stats and items in their inventories.
Pills

Postby donatas081294 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:42 pm

Well only in certain areas of the world map will have character's reset. It can be done by voting or by other means to contact the devs.
So there could be areas of the world which are 6 months old and without a single change and world areas that already been changed 6 times, either because of people demanding world reset in that area, some bug exploit was happening or exteme botting or some other issues.

Also with this we could also get continents and countries introduced into the game as continets form and countries rise and fall so would areas of the game world map would also change.
donatas081294

Postby Mashadar » Wed May 25, 2022 1:46 pm

Randomly nuking parts of the map is not a tenable way to do partial resets. There's already a perfect middle ground between resets and no world resets.
The proper way to handle it is to keep creating new worlds every 1-2 years, but keep all the old worlds and slow decay rate on them.
90-99% will play on the new world anyway, but people get to keep their old bases and big structures they built if they want to. Now everyone is happy.
Mashadar

Postby Pills » Wed May 25, 2022 2:09 pm

donatas081294 wrote:Well only in certain areas of the world map will have character's reset. It can be done by voting or by other means to contact the devs.
So there could be areas of the world which are 6 months old and without a single change and world areas that already been changed 6 times, either because of people demanding world reset in that area, some bug exploit was happening or exteme botting or some other issues.

Also with this we could also get continents and countries introduced into the game as continets form and countries rise and fall so would areas of the game world map would also change.

"Lets nuke this specific part of the map" = "Everybody with stats in that section walk 5 mintues so you don't lose your stats, anybody that doesn't is basically free pickings afterwards"

Think about what you're suggesting.
Pills

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas