Make hunger affect satiations and tableware wear

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Make hunger affect satiations and tableware wear

Postby Fostik » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:44 am

Considering that devs are going to create new hunger meta so that everyone should eat on higher hunger levels, let's be honest that this is totally destroys entire playstyle: villagers would eat more ruining life for other teammates, more satiations gains means even less efficiency in eating, more tableware wear makes it less possible to let characters with low hunger eat from hq tables.

Make it so that hunger level will affect satiations gain and wear of tableware, example:
Eating 1 piece of food at hunger level 300% will give as much satiation for that food, as 3 pieces of same food at level 100% hunger, and will wear tableware for the same amount.
At least it will be fair.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Re: Make hunger affect satiations and tableware wear

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:59 am

Rethought: Wouldn't that mean that eating on low hunger bonus would gain less hunger and you would be able to consume even more?

I think that would backfire.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Fostik » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:19 am

Sevenless wrote:Rethought: Wouldn't that mean that eating on low hunger bonus would gain less hunger and you would be able to consume even more?

Should be pretty much the same - eating more food results in greater hunger gains, which restores faster. There's nothing that will let you to receive less hunger from your food that you would've been received on high hunger.
You still paying more food to get same fep amount, but should not pay more satiation and tableware wear for that, IMO.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:07 pm

Sevenless wrote:Rethought: Wouldn't that mean that eating on low hunger bonus would gain less hunger and you would be able to consume even more?

I think that would backfire.

Should be less, because if you eat at 300% hunger you gain 3 times the satiation and 3 times the wear meaning you'll get eclipsed by satiations quicker and break your symbel quicker
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Return to Critique & Ideas