You cant counter early grief.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: You cant counter early grief.

Postby Mysia » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:34 pm

VDZ wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:This is why i rush rage for our group every world on day 1.

I just rely on stealth...have two claims up already, haven't had a single thing stolen or destroyed. Just not attracting attention has always given me good results.

do you stay far away from rivers? ive literally atleast like 30 people just randomlly running by my base. one guy even knocked my ass out when i was fighting ants i feel like i must be like dead center danger zone xD
Mysia

Postby VDZ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:38 pm

Mysia wrote:
VDZ wrote:I just rely on stealth...have two claims up already, haven't had a single thing stolen or destroyed. Just not attracting attention has always given me good results.

do you stay far away from rivers? ive literally atleast like 30 people just randomlly running by my base. one guy even knocked my ass out when i was fighting ants i feel like i must be like dead center danger zone xD

I always start out in a cave (some distance away from the entrance, so it's not immediately visible to people looking into the cave), making sure not to leave any evidence of activity nearby until I at least have my claim active (no building, dropping items, chopping trees - I do those things inside the cave or away from my base). I then expand to the outside from there (that's what my second claim is for).
VDZ

Postby jock » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:43 pm

jorb wrote:There are clearly lots of options to play around it. I wouldn't invest too much in one place before getting a claim up, for example.

just give leanto a cupboard sized inventory and that be good enough protection for a day or 2
jock

Postby Nexit » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:45 pm

noob
Nexit

Postby eliminator » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:01 am

PepegaSandwich wrote:Also since bans arent really common or reporting people on the spot is difficult, you cant even report people saying horrible things. Fun shit.

oh please
this is what sets haven apart from normie games
eliminator

Postby Lojka » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:16 am

that's only about long claim active period

i can understand when some guys just go look in your yet unprotected crates

but there is just guys running with rage and red attacks, that just try to kill you without real need for it and without anything you can do about

this way many single players can just stop playing

so much toxic behavior in this start
https://s.csssr.com/UB5T9TSTS/2022-08-1 ... -r0Y5O.png
Lojka

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:16 am

PepegaSandwich wrote: I dont like censorship, but when things are simply over common sense, I believe people should get special Leper decease status, just dump their charisma to 1 for few weeks.

"I don't like censorship, but please censor people that say things I deem 'over common sense' by penalizing their charisma."

I believe people who propose such retarded bullshit should be kicked off the game completely.
dagrimreefah

Postby Flameturtle » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:35 am

Lojka wrote:that's only about long claim active period

i can understand when some guys just go look in your yet unprotected crates

but there is just guys running with rage and red attacks, that just try to kill you without real need for it and without anything you can do about

this way many single players can just stop playing

so much toxic behavior in this start
https://s.csssr.com/UB5T9TSTS/2022-08-1 ... -r0Y5O.png

The problem is that there is a significant advantage to killing people or continuously knocking them out and that's forcing them to move. The less people in an area then the less competition for resources/foragables. Things usually settle down after a little while.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Lojka » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:52 pm

Flameturtle wrote:
The problem is that there is a significant advantage to killing people or continuously knocking them out and that's forcing them to move. The less people in an area then the less competition for resources/foragables. Things usually settle down after a little while.

ofc, some hermits will just leave, the game, not the spot

current state is very punishing for new players
Lojka

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:29 am

Lojka wrote:
Flameturtle wrote:

ofc, some hermits will just leave, the game, not the spot

current state is very punishing for new players

This is the real issue here. Most players when they find out its impossible to get a claim up because people keep bashing it, will just leave the game not look for alternatives.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas