You cant counter early grief.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: You cant counter early grief.

Postby Potjeh » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:17 pm

At the very least make bashing claims require yeomanry. Doesn't help if the people evicting you live in the area, but it'll stop random explorer alts.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Reiber » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:09 pm

Had that happen 2 worlds ago , an hermit in the area, apparently knew his scripts, and oure village of 5 people had aan bot walking through and bashing claims within 4 houres after resett. Had too move because there was no way to prevent them exept learning rage, and assuming that they had too not invest anything in it, they would probbably outstatt me at this point .
Happens in haven.
If you cant bare that it clearly wouldnt have been enjoyable in the longrun for you anyway
Reiber

Postby waga » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:20 pm

If there is an asshole in the area just move somewhere else.
setting a place 20 tiles away from a river/lake will also decrease your chance for being griefed by 10.
1) either they won't see it
2) it's too much a pain for them to walk these 20 tiles x2 just to bash your crap when most likely in their eyes you're just a noob anyway.

I've played many many worlds, I've been killed twice and one was my fault with me completely drunk.
I was griefed less than 5 times.
there are many way to be left alone , not posting what I just wrote being one of them :P
Be discreet as much as you can before you set a claim/pali , the world is large enough , chance for an asshole to be in your area and to spot your hidden place are rather low.
waga

Postby vatas » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:22 pm

+1 to Yeomanry requirement to bash even an inactive claim. You can get Yeomanry in like half an hour but still, make it require even a bit of an effort.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas