You cant counter early grief.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: You cant counter early grief.

Postby VDZ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:36 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:This is the real issue here. Most players when they find out its impossible to get a claim up because people keep bashing it, will just leave the game not look for alternatives.

If they're thin-skinned like that they wouldn't last long in this game regardless.
VDZ

Postby Procne » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:52 pm

Look at it this way - if someone this early in the game is so aggressive, and willing to spend extra time to destroy your pclaim, then even if you were able to finally setup that pclaim - you would still be living in an area with a very aggressive player, ready to do much more as time goes by. Isn't it better to be knocked early on and look for a new location, rather than being murdered in a week after you have settled and getting your stuff destroyed, effectively erasing your week's progress?
Procne

Postby Zampfeo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:13 pm

The reason pclaims even have a bashable, drying time is to prevent grief claims. People in a position to be griefed probably already have vandalism. So, I see no reason why vandalism shouldn't be required to bash an undried pclaim. Naked alts being able to bash them seems like unintended consequence.
Zampfeo

Postby VDZ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:38 pm

Zampfeo wrote:So, I see no reason why vandalism shouldn't be required to bash an undried pclaim. Naked alts being able to bash them seems like unintended consequence.

So basically, I should be able to put 4 pclaims around your first pclaim and activate them before you've managed to learn Vandalism?
VDZ

Postby Zampfeo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:48 am

VDZ wrote:
Zampfeo wrote:So, I see no reason why vandalism shouldn't be required to bash an undried pclaim. Naked alts being able to bash them seems like unintended consequence.

So basically, I should be able to put 4 pclaims around your first pclaim and activate them before you've managed to learn Vandalism?

There's a 5 tile minimum distance between pclaims.
Zampfeo

Postby VDZ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:30 am

Zampfeo wrote:
VDZ wrote:

There's a 5 tile minimum distance between pclaims.

Yes? So I put a claim 5 tiles to the north of your pclaim, one 5 tiles to the south, and same for east and west. You can't bash it because you don't have Vandalism and in 8 hours they become permanent. I could completely stop your base from expanding for just 16k LP. I could also just do it partially for only 4k.
VDZ

Postby Vigilance » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:31 am

Zampfeo wrote:Naked alts being able to bash them seems like unintended consequence.

i mean, i think you should just make them require like 20-30 str to bash.

not need vandal so you get griefed harder than before
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby VDZ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:48 am

Vigilance wrote:
Zampfeo wrote:Naked alts being able to bash them seems like unintended consequence.

Would still let you grief sprucecaps. Early game STR food is rare and you won't get much STR unless you specifically go for STR FEPs. (Even my main is only at 24 STR right now despite having 48 PER excluding buffs.)
VDZ

Postby Zampfeo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:00 am

VDZ wrote:
Vigilance wrote:

Would still let you grief sprucecaps.

You don't need pclaims to do that. Just pay them a visit every 2 hours to KO them and destroy all their things until they leave. That's arguably easier than using 4 alts just to place pclaims.

Vigilance wrote:

Also not a bad idea since it would at least eliminate naked alts bashing them and 20-30 str the first day isn't that common for the average player.
Zampfeo

Postby VDZ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:55 pm

Zampfeo wrote:You don't need pclaims to do that. Just pay them a visit every 2 hours to KO them and destroy all their things until they leave. That's arguably easier than using 4 alts just to place pclaims.

You don't need alts, you can just use your main which has plenty of spare LP. Who's going through the trouble of visiting every 2 hours (and leaving scents and getting red-handed) when you can ruin someone's day by quickly plopping down a claim and leaving it at that?
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas