time gating mechanics

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: time gating mechanics

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:07 am

has anyone other than us gone for any fights seems like everyone is afk waiting for mineholes. some transparancy on mine pyres wouldve been really nice for early world fights oh well…
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:24 pm

VDZ wrote:Requiring a minehole to get access to hard metals...I usually don't complain about factions getting ahead of smaller villages and hermits (that's inevitable and it's only right that more total time invested = more progression) but this causes an insane gap. You guys probably all have hard metals already, but for people who can't nolife candleberry wax and rely on beeskep wax generation this is going to take AGES. It probably won't be until week 3 or so that I can finally get natural access to copper. So many things are locked behind hard metals...

Mine pyres taking a literal week to burn (I'm estimating it'll take that long, it's been 3+ days already) actually gives normal people a very long grace period. It takes far less to just drop a mine pyre to start burning early and then catch up on the wax during that time.

This is a great system for restraining factions and bringing them closer to normal villages. At this point the issue is lack of knowledge.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Zampfeo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:00 pm

No heavy metal in the first week is a great addition. The duration of mine pyres makes things a bit too swingy, though. I think raids should set people back at most a day at this stage of the game. Not days.
Zampfeo

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:35 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:the knife doesn't even seem like the most optimal pvp build atm so they dont seem that useful
most of early world is just spent waiting for timegates and the gameplay in the meantime is just going around and stealing ppls leather and shit so they have to wait even longer
the mine pyre thing is very retarded imo, it takes way too long. i wouldn't mind slower paced gameplay, however, i think it's a bit TOO slow at the moment.

also yeah chalco not being on L1 would've been nice to have communicated heh... also any nab who gets their mine pyre bashed is gonna wanna kill themselves having to wait for 20 more years

put a claim on your min pyre and build a fence around it. That is what i did
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:08 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:the knife doesn't even seem like the most optimal pvp build atm so they dont seem that useful
most of early world is just spent waiting for timegates and the gameplay in the meantime is just going around and stealing ppls leather and shit so they have to wait even longer
the mine pyre thing is very retarded imo, it takes way too long. i wouldn't mind slower paced gameplay, however, i think it's a bit TOO slow at the moment.

also yeah chalco not being on L1 would've been nice to have communicated heh... also any nab who gets their mine pyre bashed is gonna wanna kill themselves having to wait for 20 more years

put a claim on your min pyre and build a fence around it. That is what i did

i hate to break it to u buddy, but i have vandal and so do many others...
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:19 am

*resets your 6 days of waiting* nothing personnel

I'm enjoying the bumfights though
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas