Worksite

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Worksite

Postby Robi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:32 pm

Similar to a survey, allow a flag to be placed for a worksite, allow simple production tasks such as log processing, stone chipping, clay gathering, skin/clean carcasses, bark/bough gathering to be automized within the designated area. A popup could let you set the type of task being performed and would allow you to use the same area for multiple tasks by simply switching the production type. Allow stockpiles of the end product on the site which will auto fill as tasks are completed. Being able to fill and empty kilns, cauldrons, drying racks, etc with a few clicks would also be pretty cool. I think specific sorting, such as quality or type of hide is a little too excessive, but for general mass production I think this could be really nice. Could also potentially be used near crop fields to allow harvesting that will auto-place seeds in labelled barrels(ones that already have the corresponding seed inside) as well as place the harvest into stockpiles nearby.

An issue I see being troublesome would be pathing, perhaps your hearthling could auto-lift the nearest object, bring to the center, process, repeat? Since bots are generally acceptable may as well let us casual players a little QoL that doesn't require alts or having special clients.

Thoughts?
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
Robi

Re: Worksite

Postby Thuzzy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:54 pm

Good idea, I really like the way dirt stockpiles currently work when surveying. RSI is painful devs plz fix
Thuzzy

Postby Syrenik » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:20 am

Amen to that, That would be an epic idea. Lets Boycott for QOL Improvements =)
Syrenik

Postby SavageFox » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:30 am

I love the idea but at the same time a lot more work for the developers to do and there's other issues I think we need to fix first like the leg issues the game normally has
SavageFox

Return to Critique & Ideas