Mine Pyre Catchup

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Mine Pyre Catchup

Postby axus » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm

I really like the idea of global progression; every week, another level opens up. Mine pyre would only need 1 day after that
axus

Postby Vigilance » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:17 pm

jorb wrote:Historically there have been various exploits and village raids depending on a very sudden minehole.

this doesnt even get rectified currently because you can just minehole l0->cave layer, as it stands, and i sincerely doubt a great number of people get meaningfully l1->l2'd etc compared to l0->l1->l0'd as far as raiding goes.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby azrid » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:24 pm

jorb wrote:I could see doing 7/1. Think it would make some sense if mineholes can't be built instantly. Historically there have been various exploits and village raids depending on a very sudden minehole.

Will consider.

Looking forward to the pyre changes.
Time gating is fine as long as there will be a catch up mechanic for later joiners.
azrid

Postby Tammer » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:42 am

axus wrote:I really like the idea of global progression; every week, another level opens up. Mine pyre would only need 1 day after that

+1
Tammer

Postby Mr_Bober » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:43 am

jorb wrote:I could see doing 7/1. Think it would make some sense if mineholes can't be built instantly. Historically there have been various exploits and village raids depending on a very sudden minehole.

Will consider.

I love the new pyre system, but village raids are still doable with mineholes... because on the surface u don't need a pyre right now.
Mr_Bober

Postby Davideas » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:24 am

Here's what I've been brainstorming over a few minutes once I realised how bad it is for players to get kicked in the butt that much.

You should think of adding a way for players to speed up this process within a PROVINCE, like destroying a dungeon or building an expensive structure near thingwall. This would encourage people to actually cooperate within a province to achieve some progress.

So for every next mine level, people would have to group up and do something. Participating actively in such a process could result in having some sort of bonus. Perhaps lower minehole cost? Or some sort of passive ability?
Davideas

Postby jock2 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:31 pm

Pyre should be 5 days burning and opens with 1 hour burning time on the 7th day for all mine levels.

day 1 you make prye 5 days pyre ends you can go down and have up to 2 days advantage for being on the ball 2 days later mine 1 layer is 1 hour burn time. The earliest level 3 can open is day 12 if your fast and do a pyre early on day 7

Speed Global

5 7
12 14
19 21
26 28
33 35

Etc

On point, you gain an advantage for being quick but behind you can catch up.
jock2

Postby maze » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:50 pm

I think the timer should be attached to the provinces. If the pyre is destory the timer should not be reset, and if a pyre burns down. the entire provinces can go down the level.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Rebs » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:21 pm

maze wrote:I think the timer should be attached to the provinces. If the pyre is destroy the timer should not be reset, and if a pyre burns down. the entire provinces can go down the level.

+1 to this.

Have a timer per level per province that doesn't get reset when a pyre is bashed.

This is the best suggestion I have seen which avoids global modifiers (which I personally dislike), And pretty much means catching up for late joiners would be settling/finding a province that's already been softened to levels they are happy with.
Rebs

Postby VDZ » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:59 pm

Rebs wrote:And pretty much means catching up for late joiners would be settling/finding a province that's already been softened to levels they are happy with.

And repeatedly getting their shit kicked in by people they can't hope to catch up to for settling too close. Sounds like a good time!
Last edited by VDZ on Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas