Mine Pyre Hitbox Too Fat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Mine Pyre Hitbox Too Fat

Postby abt79 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:09 am

I’ve never personally had any issues with one-way palis around my own mineholes, been doing this for 8 worlds and mining pretty seriously for 5 of those. Travel to hearth fire is easier than making the trip back from the mines, and if you really need to do fast trips up and down you just leave the gate open and, even in 4x4 and wheeling a cart, you don’t get stuck if you know what you’re doing. For me the only click-hell with 4x4 or 5x5 boxed holes way trying to click the minehole in orthocam, but that was only an issue before I became a permanent-badcam chad. But whatever, personal taste I guess…

Look, can we at least agree that players should be able to put their pyres in a 3x3 space if they see fit, since 3 prepforgates is so easy to plan and some people like that kind of space efficiency/compartmentalization? IE it’s more annoying to make it bigger, and anything else you put in the minehole pali is unsafe, so the extra space is only useful for movement. I agree that the pyre shouldn’t be larger than the eventual hole, for reasons I think are obvious, but 3x3 is larger than a mine hole anyways so it’s some kind of reasonable compromise, right?

At the very least, it shouldn’t be the obnoxious and deceptive 3.2x3.2 (or, octagon with a min radius of 3.2, whatever) it is now?

It would be like making Cupboards more than 1x1. Very unsatisfying to make a pyre and not be able to fit a 5x5 pali box around it, and I’m sure even worse for players who build the box first only to discover their pyre doesn’t fit
abt79

Postby Vigilance » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:51 am

abt79 wrote:Look, can we at least agree that players should be able to put their pyres in a 3x3 space if they see fit, since 3 prepforgates is so easy to plan and some people like that kind of space efficiency/compartmentalization?

i agree with this, the hitbox should at least be permissive, but from a dzorbian perspective, why is a circle a square?
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby jorb » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:41 am

Hmmmright, maybe I did make a new one for it. Will have a look.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas