Travel Weariness changes

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Travel Weariness changes

Postby WowGain » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:48 pm

Mysia wrote:drooling retard babble

You don't because you lack the capability to even slap together the basic industry required to make a snekkja, let's not pretend that this is some active choice you're making and it's not you just crying sour grapes
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby dorag » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:47 pm

Mysia wrote:i don't make docking alts, have never even slept in a bed all world. haven't been inconvenienced at all because im not trying to travel around the entire map all the time looking for noobs to kill im actually building and stuff. if i do have to do a big snekk tp i just eat it on my main and don't cry like a little bish, smoke some tobacco eat a couple leaves wtf is the problem? it sounds like you're literally creating a problem for yourselves and then complaining about the solution

"i dont want to make docking alts"

then don't lol stop trying to force the game to your playstyle

I know this will be a shock but everyone doing this isnt runing around killing spruce caps, everyone using mechanics you dont isnt using it to kill new players i get you dont wana put the effort in to make a dock and are to lazy/casual to do so, but groups have use for this you know finding high q water NOMAD CREEDO taking roads to kill mammoths or roads to the sea for whales having seireis fo roads to all the high q animal spots for scouting etc
dorag

Postby Mysia » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:28 am

like i said, i just tp to dock on my main. problem solved lol agreed they should make tping to dock require skills so you can't make alts but this wouldn't fix any of your problems. if you tw is jacked up smoke tobacco or eat leaves or sleep or whatever i mean its definetly managable
also using your alt to make the initial post and then hyping it up on ur main

pretty sure devs don't like tp in the game at all as from their discussion about crossroads in legacy but it is required so they balance it int he best way they can. yall solution for balance "just make it null". im +1 for make it so if its over 100% you can't do the tp lmfao to be honest last world my first time i make a snekk and i didnt bother with dock, i travel all around and always come back in a loop and it was fun, until i go through a whirlpool accidently and lose the snekk. so i make a dock, after that it was like the game become easy mode. it was end of world so every base was abandon, i bash them in load up my snekk tp back i was clearing out entire bases in like 1.5 2 hrs so its definetly op imo.

but my opinion, your opinion? ultimately, not what matters.

lets see what happens , ill keep an eye on all updates :)
Mysia

Postby dorag » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:37 am

Mysia wrote:like i said, i just tp to dock on my main. problem solved lol agreed they should make tping to dock require skills so you can't make alts but this wouldn't fix any of your problems. if you tw is jacked up smoke tobacco or eat leaves or sleep or whatever i mean its definetly managable
also using your alt to make the initial post and then hyping it up on ur main

pretty sure devs don't like tp in the game at all as from their discussion about crossroads in legacy but it is required so they balance it int he best way they can. yall solution for balance "just make it null". im +1 for make it so if its over 100% you can't do the tp lmfao to be honest last world my first time i make a snekk and i didnt bother with dock, i travel all around and always come back in a loop and it was fun, until i go through a whirlpool accidently and lose the snekk. so i make a dock, after that it was like the game become easy mode. it was end of world so every base was abandon, i bash them in load up my snekk tp back i was clearing out entire bases in like 1.5 2 hrs so its definetly op imo.

but my opinion, your opinion? ultimately, not what matters.

lets see what happens , ill keep an eye on all updates :)

Peoples opinion and what they enjoy/ dislike matters that's why this entire subsection exists cuz the devs care about what we think i think the game needs to respect peoples time more also you have only been smoking tobaco since like week 2 when you got a snek / dock are you sure you wana stick with that story?
dorag

Postby Zampfeo » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:58 pm

Remove TW from docking entirely just like hearthing tbh
Unless the game design goal is to slow down raiding
Then tobacco needs a significant buff. Like 60 irl minutes to go from 100% TW to 0% TW. And you cannot dock if it would exceed your max TW. The autists will probably still make a docking alt with high will, but at least sane people won't need to make a beacon every time they want to go home.
Zampfeo

Postby Reiber » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:57 pm

Zampfeo wrote:Remove TW from docking entirely just like hearthing tbh
Unless the game design goal is to slow down raiding
Then tobacco needs a significant buff. Like 60 irl minutes to go from 100% TW to 0% TW. And you cannot dock if it would exceed your max TW. The autists will probably still make a docking alt with high will, but at least sane people won't need to make a beacon every time they want to go home.

have you thought about the fact that maybe tw is in fact there to limit your ability to fasttravel around the world constantly?

the problem isnt that porting produces tw, the problem is you are able too just circumvent the system, maybe you shouldnt be able to port from one end of the world too the other with an knarr every 40-60minutes? maybe geographie and mapsize are supposed to have meaning in this game, not just the amount of portpoints inbetween locations.

solution to porting back with alts is obviously to make you unable to port with alts. not removing the only thing limiting infinite teleportation in this game
i mean with hearthwood leaves beds and tobaco increasing in quality, it is not an effective limit anyways
Reiber

Postby Zampfeo » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:12 pm

Reiber wrote:have you thought about the fact that maybe tw is in fact there to limit your ability to fasttravel around the world constantly?

I have considered it, and limiting fast travel for the sake of limiting fast travel is a horrible game design goal that lowers player interaction. Factions should be encouraged to travel across the map in their knarrs to fight other factions. Players should be encouraged to use thingwalls and charter stones to engage in trade. TW exists, in my mind at least, just so these features don't get abused - not to stop it entirely. I don't consider what would essentially be a 60m cooldown on long-distance travel to be "constant" - just enough to give hermits dealing with frequent snekkja raids some room to breath.
Zampfeo

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:16 pm

big idea! lock teleporting to hearthfire behind nomad or maybe mystic more incentive to do credos !
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Reiber » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:18 am

Zampfeo wrote:
I have considered it, and limiting fast travel for the sake of limiting fast travel is a horrible game design goal that lowers player interaction. Factions should be encouraged to travel across the map in their knarrs to fight other factions. Players should be encouraged to use thingwalls and charter stones to engage in trade. TW exists, in my mind at least, just so these features don't get abused - not to stop it entirely. I don't consider what would essentially be a 60m cooldown on long-distance travel to be "constant" - just enough to give hermits dealing with frequent snekkja raids some room to breath.

fair enough. but this is where oure views start to devert . i find limiting fasttravel is great gamedesigne. i wish haven was in an state where we could get rid of most means of fasttravel. yes making big fights happen shouldbe rewarding, and trade should be possible, but that dosnt mean that it should be easy and take 2 minutes, as it is distance is practiaclly as real in this game as is elevation. it takes 1 trip from one corner to the other, and from then one you can hop over from the north too the southborder 3 times a day if you want, might it be for raiding, trading, or just to spit out scout/recourcealts.

great distances and rare recources also could have been an great incerntive for trade, in an way it still is,if you have ever lived on an no hedghoges or moles continent you know that. but that dosnt matter. cause recources dont get claimed by the people living close , but by the biggest guy in the world that hasnt found better yet. cause they run knars with 30 acounts around the world once, and then ftl teleport wherever they want whenever they want. with nothing hindering you.
also , most means of transport are ignored simply because they get outshined by thingwalls, sneks and whirlpools- when have you last used an wagon for travel? and not just for hunting, or packrags,saddlebags,caravaneering animals, or rafts? . its an horse and an cart,teleporting, or knars for big loads.
Reiber

Postby Reiber » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:20 am

wonder-ass wrote:big idea! lock teleporting to hearthfire behind nomad or maybe mystic more incentive to do credos !

come on. its not like it would prevent you from docking and returning save home, it just bars you from immidiately porting away again.
Reiber

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas