Ability to push carts

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Ability to push carts

Postby vatas » Sun May 14, 2023 7:25 am

Bumperino
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Kyrex » Sun May 14, 2023 1:23 pm

Perhaps a "push" action (like lift)-- really, perhaps pull should be the same, and client just default activates the action in the context of right clicking a cart?...
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

Postby Nightdawg » Sun May 14, 2023 6:37 pm

Perhaps the cart going back when I walk towards it.

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:09 pm

Of course I can just lift that metal cabinet, but what if there was an even bigger mess around my HF?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:56 am

When you "release" a cart is could wheel back a tile or two.
Also +1 for PUSH.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby terechgracz » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:15 am

Just remove collision with cart
terechgracz

Postby vatas » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:39 pm

terechgracz wrote:Just remove collision with cart

This solution is already used if you are teleported inside the cart's hitbox. It can result in situations where you go wrong way and lose the leniency and get stuck. (Mostly relevant when Minehole has been walled in the tightest way possible.)

vatas

Postby vatas » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:25 pm

First I have to note that you can't really get stuck in Minehole because you can just go back down and up again to retry.

However I, once again, accidentally demonstrated why OP is valid:

vatas

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:46 pm

vatas

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas