Ability to create shortcuts for crafting subcategories

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Ability to create shortcuts for crafting subcategories

Postby Liss12 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:52 am

You can add icons for crafting/building/action etc subcategories on quick panels but for some bizarre reason pressing corresponding button just do nothing. It would come handy if i could place subcategorries that are hidden behind 4+ clicks such as batter and fishing lures instead of binding each individual item in said subcategories on individual button.
Attachments
screen2.PNG
screen2.PNG (18.03 KiB) Viewed 541 times
Liss12

Re: Ability to create shortcuts for crafting subcategories

Postby VDZ » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:34 pm

Liss12 wrote:4+ clicks such as batter and fishing lures

For now you can use the keyboard shortcuts for the crafting menu (off the top of my head, CPCB for the Batter category, with B for batter itself; CCL for the fishing category, not sure about lures). But understandably not everyone wants to learn a bazillion key sequences (and it doesn't help that some change occasionally, I already know the recent change to CUYC is going to bother me tons next world).

It also has the usability issue that AFAIK there is no consistent input for 'reset and focus menu now'; if you already have something open you need to backspace a few times, and if you're in a text entry field (e.g. chat or non-compact map) the input gets ignored (or rather redirected) entirely.
VDZ

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:46 pm

Yeah, for sure. Literally no reason not to. Will look at that.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby sMartins » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:59 pm

Pretty sure butter, cloth and others were working to me in the past ... Not tried yet this world.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby VDZ » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:12 am

sMartins wrote:Pretty sure butter, cloth and others were working to me in the past ... Not tried yet this world.

Liss12 was talking about categories, not specific recipes...but upon checking myself, using categories from the hotbar works just fine as well (both when pressing the key and when clicking the hotbar). So this is already in and this is just an issue with whatever client Liss12 is using? (I'm using Ender Client.)
VDZ

Postby Liss12 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:09 am

VDZ wrote:
sMartins wrote:Pretty sure butter, cloth and others were working to me in the past ... Not tried yet this world.

Liss12 was talking about categories, not specific recipes...but upon checking myself, using categories from the hotbar works just fine as well (both when pressing the key and when clicking the hotbar). So this is already in and this is just an issue with whatever client Liss12 is using? (I'm using Ender Client.)

I checked both vanilla and ARD unstable, neither works.
Liss12

Postby sMartins » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:15 am

Oh, ok ... My bad.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby VDZ » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:48 am

Liss12 wrote:
VDZ wrote:Liss12 was talking about categories, not specific recipes...but upon checking myself, using categories from the hotbar works just fine as well (both when pressing the key and when clicking the hotbar). So this is already in and this is just an issue with whatever client Liss12 is using? (I'm using Ender Client.)

I checked both vanilla and ARD unstable, neither works.

Huh, you're right. I just tried using vanilla and it doesn't work. Switched to Ender, and it does work there. I guess it's Ender-specific.
VDZ

Return to Critique & Ideas