Major Concept Update: Era Progression

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Major Concept Update: Era Progression

Postby donatas081294 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:29 pm

Cool idea as long the player can experience all of the ages while playing and not miss any of them, rather than like runescape if you missed it you will never experience it again. That's why I like playing a hermit as your slowly build up from stone age to somewhat civilization.
donatas081294

Postby sMartins » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:30 am

Zampfeo wrote:The prevailing theory is that ancient humans "captured" naturally-occurring fire and kept it burning in their dwellings long before they were ever able to start one on their own.

Btw thank you for pointing it out .... I've just given that for granted.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby dorag » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:40 am

sMartins wrote:Hi there,

as we can see this new world is kinda cool, changes were minor but meaningfull.
Slowing down progression does mainly two things: allow us to enjoy what the game has to offer more and not just skipping ahead like a maniac or a consumer model, "human scale" enviroment ..... and boosting "desire".
Hey man, slow down! Good job.

(I'd like also some kind of obsidian cutting blade, to start with ... just to finally deviate from the first and better quality tool of the game: stone axe. But this is for another Topic)

Back in Topic: Era Progression

My vision is some kind of community events: total LP-XP earned, wonders we must build, Gods (dragons) or some obscure mechanic Jorb could come with .... those to unlock recipes, skills and technologies not avaible before.

Briefly example to give the idea:

QUEST FOR FIRE:

• Hearthlings at the start will not be able to unlock advanced skills and recipes and not even able to START a FIRE;
  • Add flashes on the screen during rain to indicate lighting; after rain stopped you can find some "Trees on fire", craft a primitive torch to keep the fire going and bring it with you .... plus battles for fire ;);
  • Some kind of Event must be accomplished; hearthlings discover fire and now you can light it for yourself, crafting a firebrand is now avaible.

This can be expanded so on and so on. You get the Idea.

Bronze Age, Iron Age ..... (Renaissance or even Illuminism :D) or some fictional ages.

TO NOTE:

Civilization progression could even strike back ... eg. if we choose the "event" must be a certain amount of LP to progress, to stay or even to strike back .... obscure ages will come!!! DO NOT TAKE IT for GRANTED what we Accomplished so far, NEVER!!!
(and not Simply striking back to the previous age ... but some kind of obscure shit :D )

What do you think?

Cheers

feel like this does not fit with the current set up for haven tbh / genral ideas in it and looks
dorag

Postby sMartins » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:36 pm

Idk could be very cool in my eyes ... but I guess we could just increase the skill prices ..... afterall they are still the same of pre-study desk era. It's time to adjust them
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas