About page is TERRIBLE

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: About page is TERRIBLE

Postby Clemins » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:52 pm

vatas wrote:Then again, if Jorbtar wants to be honest, there should be explicit mention that "killing/pillaging other players, even/especially if they are new to the game" is only/main reason for many people to play this game?

Seriously this, killing, pillaging, sieging, and razing villages is what I enjoy doing most in haven. When I started playing all the way back in 2013, I was "fortunate" to know before hand that Haven is a pvp/permadeath (WAY less forgiving in world 7). And honestly, that's what attracted me to this game in the first place and it's the reason I still play. I've KO'd, killed, and sieged countless amounts of players over the years and based on the vast majority of reactions people have, they genuinely had no idea what was happening.

It's a bummer because even thought the pvp/siege stuff in haven isn't a masterpiece (more like budget interoperative art) it's still very enjoyable to those who are inclined to get into it. And for those who would rather a peaceful experience think that Haven is a peaceful game on the surfact because like stated above and before, there is no "official" mention of pvp in Haven.

Are people going to stumble across Haven without hearing about it first and just so happen to read the About page? Very unlikely, but the important thing is an easily accessible reference to show people when they're surprised that Haven isn't the game they thought it was, instead of linking "The Dev's thoughts on PVP" (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44710) every time someone is surprised crimes exists, makes Moot or Inn post, and complains about getting killed thinking they were playing Stardew Valley.

TLDR: The amount of times I get asked "Why" when killing someone is too damn high, put "pvp" somewhere in the about page already, plz ty.
Clemins

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:37 pm

Clemins wrote: And for those who would rather a peaceful experience think that Haven is a peaceful game on the surfact because like stated above and before, there is no "official" mention of pvp in Haven. Are people going to stumble across Haven without hearing about it first and just so happen to read the About page? Very unlikely, but the important thing is an easily accessible reference to show people when they're surprised that Haven isn't the game they thought it was, instead of linking "The Dev's thoughts on PVP" (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44710) every time someone is surprised crimes exists, makes Moot or Inn post, and complains about getting killed thinking they were playing Stardew Valley.

I honestly think the devs purposefully did this for comedic effect, which I appreciate

Clemins wrote: "Why"

The eternal question
dagrimreefah

Postby donatas081294 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:54 pm

Okay maybe a bit off topic, but what if devs made hafen or created second server to make the game way more casual. No worry about death or pvp. Just have your own little world to explore, farm, fish, craft, forage, build, mine and so on. Then compare your high scores with others, have it like lobby or something where you can invite x amount of people to play with you and for those who want pvp, have like arenas. So no looting unless it's faction vs faction agreed battle. Or something like that. Sure it would lose the game's core vision, but it seems to be heading in that direction anyway and devs don't seem to have a roadmap or future BIG PLANs for this game, so yea.
donatas081294

Postby DonVelD » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:35 pm

what a groundbreaking idea, i've never heard of this. truly actionable and top idea pilled
not
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby vatas » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:46 am

jorb wrote:Will consider updating it.

Can you tell us the result of your consideration?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:53 pm

vatas wrote:
jorb wrote:Will consider updating it.

Can you tell us the result of your consideration?

Don't rush the boss. No need to remind him every year
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas