Study Desk tiers

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Study Desk tiers

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:35 pm

Names are suggestions. Sizes subject to balancing.

Bushcraft Desk: wood only = 3x3 (9 slots)

Rustic Desk: wood + 1 glue = 5x5 (25 slots)

Cottage Desk: wood +4 glue = 7x7 (49 slots, current study desk)

After this there should be better ones with but the size increases should hit more diminishing returns.

Pompous Desk: requiring glue, metal, turpentine etc. = 8x8 (64 slots, equal to Cupboard)

Opulent Desk: requiring precious metals, silk = 9x9 (81 slots)

Other Study Desk QoL:

*Indicator near study screen either displaying "no study desk" or specifying what kind of Study Desk you possess.
*Ten-second hourglass on "Take possession" -action to prevent accidental takeovers.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Study Desk tiers

Postby pawnchito » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:39 pm

vatas wrote:Names are suggestions. Sizes subject to balancing.

Opulent Desk: requiring precious metals, silk = 9x9 (81 slots)

Other Study Desk QoL:

*Indicator near study screen either displaying "no study desk" or specifying what kind of Study Desk you possess.
*Ten-second hourglass on "Take possession" -action to prevent accidental takeovers.

Damn G these are pretty decent ideas.
Maybe not so many options just like a regular and high cost one to upgrade to.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:58 pm

Simplifying the system into three tiers could work well enough.

*2x2 wood only
*7x7 current one
*larger than current one, that is really expensive compared to how much more space it gives (9x9 should be maximum, also note that Scholar credo adds one row and column.)

I mainly want the 2x2 one so that optimal strategy won't be to run a studybot until you have infinite bones.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:01 pm

I like the idea of a more elegant desk; although, we already have "Extra row and column on your Study Desk" from Scholar

The time limit of bone glue seems fair for the current desk, and I don't see the use case of a smaller easier to build desk.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby Fostik » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:57 pm

Not sure game even need so much tiers, may be it could be more user-friendly if players can put curiosities into their hearth fire special inventory (3x3)(lootable ofc) as a basic study table, so that newbies will figure need of auto-study faster, and then have just 2 more study desk type: regular study table and precious metals + turpentine one.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Return to Critique & Ideas