Reduce the terrain level/altitude difference range

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Reduce the terrain level/altitude difference range

Postby Fostik » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:01 pm

I was thinking about it recently too, comparing to real life every part of land in haven are too steep, which IMO should follow real life height maps with proper elevation to area ratio

Also biomes should be larger and look more like real life
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby vatas » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:45 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I'm complaining about everything. Mountains too. Yes, mountains need to be big. They don't need to be so big that the *official supported camera* can't handle it. I also don't need to spend 2 business days to jump off a cliff.

Adder aggro me when I'm at a mountain, I run to nearest cave (edited for clarity)
Too late!
inb4 skill issue (other than not using :cam bad)

EDIT: deleted nested quote that made it seem like I was trying to refute a point by proving it.
Last edited by vatas on Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:38 pm

vatas wrote:*proves my point*

I figured out a way to tune down this retarded shit to like 10-25% in my custom client.

Too bad this has to be the answer to everything.

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Kyrex » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:34 am

Nightdawg wrote:
vatas wrote:What the OP is complaining about, I think there some areas that are constant (across multiple minimaps) 20-40 degree slope.

I'm complaining about everything. Mountains too. Yes, mountains need to be big. They don't need to be so big that the *official supported camera* can't handle it. I also don't need to spend 2 business days to jump off a cliff.

"Big" or Steep?
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:18 am

This would be very nice.

I was very excited to make my own hermit village a few weeks ago and I packed up a ton of shit and knarred for like two hours to some area I was interested in and then I started flattening the land and just decided to give up because it wasn't worth the time to flatten. Why do we need to spend 30 years flattening land to to properly build stuff/have it not look horrible. The amount of variance should be way smoller.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:19 pm

Band-aid idea: buff landscaping on claimed land. Something like "more soil per shovel tick" and/or "less stamina consumed."

Do NOT nerf landscaping on unclaimed land.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:38 pm

noindyfikator wrote:I don't see problem there. All is fine

Flatter word = no more problems like this
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Dawidio123 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:24 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:just use a custom client bro

Ah yes, i love that 50/50 when you are jumping up a cliff of unknow height since you enabled flat world, will i get stuck there for a year or will i be up there in a second, who knows? Let's find out.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:just use a custom client bro

Ah yes, i love that 50/50 when you are jumping up a cliff of unknow height since you enabled flat world, will i get stuck there for a year or will i be up there in a second, who knows? Let's find out.

Imagine not having dynamically resized cliffs in your flatworld feature
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:44 pm

Wouldn't it be really funny if there was a cliff that's on a 45 degree angle compared to the grid system so that you try to climb it and get almost no feedback that you are NOT climbing it at all? Particularly hilarious if you're on last quest for a credo and have to just hope that the Moose doesn't randomly decide to flush it all down the toilet and send you back to the zero?

vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas