EASY FIX TO MINING

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: EASY FIX TO MINING

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:32 pm

Dakkan wrote: Also stop trying to have a discussion with a fucking moron who just wants to VDZaculate all over the thread.

ikr, that childhoodobesity fellow is a real menace
Zentetsuken

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:56 pm

strpk0 wrote:
Also the fact that they have the balls to turn around and say "but where's the actionable development feedback?" whenever people get angry at them.

Literal 5-minutes-of-work fix. Will not go addressed for probably months (years?) to come. Added to the game, randomly, with no feedback or request (other than the devs deciding "its cute lol"), now its just there.

Buy hat

hUrR dUrR cAcOpHoNy oF oPiNioNs

buy gold sub btw
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Clemins » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:32 pm

Clemins

Postby vatas » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:22 am

Jorb, if you are reading this, please ignore that one contrarian and address the points made in OP.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:45 am

I will go through each of these.

- A less annoying/stressful mining experience
I do not think it is necessary to make it easier, I like when games are a bit annoying and hard just my personal opinion and preference in games.
- They would spend less time dealing with the boring sorting crap caused by the quality variance
I can agree with this one instead of getting some low and some high quality it is better to get the average instead.
- They wouldn't have to get severely wounded/knocked out by the 15 slimes that randomly spawn on them
I have no complaints about this, this is what makes medicine and elixirs good, as long you don't get killed I am fine with random spawns.
- They wouldn't have to get severely wounded/knocked out by the 3 random boreworms that spawn behind them
Same thing
- They wouldn't have to be blocked by the boulders randomly spawning in front of them, cancelling loftar's pathfinding for the mining action
This is to slow down bots and I kind of favor that.
- They wouldn't have to randomly get knocked out by cave-ins caused by their client not having an alarm siren going off and stopping their character from mining whenever the mining support is about to collapse
If you dont pay attention then it´s pretty much your own fault.

How is making a mechanic less annoying benefitting him more, rather than benefitting literally everyone?
For this lets simplify it, lets say you make 200 metal bars in a day right now, while spruce cap Joe makes 10,
but now we made mining 100% easier you make 400 metal and joe makes 20. It is quite the difference in my opinion,
you say it will benefit everyone, but you should admit it would benefit you more.
This is a video game, not an annoyance simulator. Most of the players refuse to mine because of how annoying it is.
This creates a market for metal and metal goods, from my view point it seems like Jorb and Loftar wants a more active trade for the game.
There are benefits of it being this annoying, not everyone will go through the hardship of mining to that depth, but those who do will be rewarded for it.

How are you coming to this conclusion?
I am very distrustful of others and so I like to look for what they can profit from their own suggestions, I simply did not like it.
Are you even a miner? Have you experienced this stuff first hand?
It is far from my main trade, but I go and get what I need from the mines myself.
Why do you have to bash on his suggestions simply because he is a competent miner?
I am not bashing it, I just don't believe it to be for the greater good of the game, balance wise or other.
It is also not because he is a competent miner but because he would profit the most out of it.
Why do you want this stuff to stay so toxic and obnoxious for all players?
I don't, I just do not think it is toxic or obnoxious in the first place, I believe it is an intended design to slow down players
from progressing too fast in the industry and that is something I wholeheartedly believe is the right course of this game.
Hate me all you want for speaking my opinion on it.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:59 am

SlicingTheMoon wrote:snip

You are making the wrong assumption that the slimes, boreworms, boulders and any other annoying parts of mining are actually affecting the competent miners to the same extent they are affecting the casual ones.
It's not going from 200 to 400 for competent miners, and going from 10 to 20 for casuals. It's more like going from 200 to 220 for competent miners, and going from 10 to 100 for casuals.
Only the top boys having the advantage does not create a market for metal and metal goods. It creates a monopoly.

But I'm not gonna argue with you on this, since you've clearly not seen both sides and are assuming things. I was just genuinely curious to see your thought process, so thanks for sharing.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby lordgrunt » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:05 am

This preety much describes you as a casual miner. Kinda like the devs. No wonder your view points align. If you understood the grind of the game, your attitude would do Swift 180.
How about you go for life in big village next world, get to mining and then form ideas of what should and shouldn't be present in game mechanics.
Everything stated in OP affects high profile miners in a big way. But it does the same to everyone else just to a lesser extent.
The most idiotic argument that those mechanics are to prevent botting is so laughable i cant even. Top villages have their own clients that circumvent the boulder and other problems with ease, leaving casual to suffer from client that doesnt show decay % of supports.
lordgrunt

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:53 am

>16 affirmative responders
>1 retard shitting his pants
>94% agreement
>20th time the same thread has been posted with same responses
>cacophony of varied opinion
>decide to rebalance mining
>slimes now give an additional 50% cave slime on death
>slimes now have 25 + (5*cave level) AC
>rest surely in the unyielding conviction that the game is, indeed, going to make it
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby bumfrog » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:48 pm

le cacophony of voices strikes again. A bloo bloo, one more line in your miner scripts!

We’re doing allright. :)
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby lordgrunt » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:00 pm

as a footnote: 4 boreworms jumping from all directions, took them 5-6 seconds to down me:
lordgrunt

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas