EASY FIX TO MINING

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

EASY FIX TO MINING

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:16 pm

1. Remove the insane quality variance per tile and make it so that all ore/stone/coal/etc mined on a singular tile is the same quality. The quality variation is incredibly annoying and despite the multiple nerfs you guys have done on it the variation is still very large. This doesn't add anything to the game other than having to waste time sorting everything by quality.

2. Remove boulders spawning while mining. This is just annoying and seems to defeat the purpose of select area mining resulting in you needing to watch your screen super closely so you're not getting stuck every 20 seconds. I'm not sure if this was added to counter botters but if it was it's not very good at it and encourages more botting. The only benefits I can think of to this is higher quality ore/stone when useful which wouldn't matter if #1 was implemented and of course easier quarryman/miner credo which isn't cool enough to justify the insane annoyance this causes.

3. Either remove support decaying or significantly nerf it so you basically need to mine the whole support before decaying. Like #2 this basically just requires you to watch your screen extremely closely otherwise you might get randomly koed by rocks falling on you which is the most annoying shit ever. Mining without a custom client to notify you that the support hit 25% is basically unplayable in my opinion.

4. Either completely remove the ability of slimes to spawn while you're mining and just leave them wandering caves, OR at the very least reduce the frequency of spawns, reduce the maximum amount of slimes per spawn (it can get around like 20 which is ridiculous), remove the doubling/trippling/quadrupling mechanic of slimes (annoying as fuck). Slimes are fine and can be useful if they're just wandering caves, it's fucking retarded to get 10+ spawned on you though.

5. Remove boreworms spawning on you while mining. These things have like 1500+ health and spawn in packs BEHIND you usually basically just blocking you in and ensuring you get knocked out by an annoying RNG spawn. There's nothing fun about this, it's basically just haha take a break to heal your wounds or have insane reaction time and good RNG to run away before they surround you. Them jumping out of the ground in caves at you is fine but spawning on you while you mine is cringe.

6. Not entirely sure if it works this way but it certainly feels like there's some regional ore/stone spawns. Basically you find a ton of one kind of ore in an area and none of another. It it does work this way it's extremely annoying since you need to either mine very far away from your base just to have a chance at good ores or build new mineholes in other areas which now take very long to build. Pure RNG mining is more enjoyable than regional bullshit imo. This is less important than the first 5 which are actually all complete shit imo.

It's possible I'm missing some stuff since I thought this up pretty quickly. There was a lot of really horrible changes to mining.
ChildhoodObesity

Re: EASY FIX TO MINING

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:19 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:Undo years of bad changes

Profound.
DDDsDD999

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:20 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:Undo years of bad changes

Profound.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:29 pm

Another trollex thread that will reach 10 pages of people thoroughly explaining what is wrong with X mechanic, bring 2 million arguments as to why trollex is right + add aditional details on top of what he writes which will still end up in the devs doing absolutely nothing + add more bugs + top hat + buy gold sub pls + fuck you

Issa deja-vu

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:39 pm

Also I feel like it's worth pointing out that even with the slight re-addition of spiraling this world the qualities still pretty much cap out really early due to the added clay quality. Even if all these changes were made to cuck botters the botters would not gain much of an advantage on anyone else anymore. They would just hit this "cap" maybe a little faster than other people but not really because of the timegated mineholes.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:06 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:1+1 == 2

The level of spoonfeeding in explaining why these obviously bad mechanics are bad is hilarious... If I were new I'd think you were being passive aggressive, but no, it's actually necessary
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DonVelD » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:24 pm

Also autistic chalcopyrite mining just to get some steel because no alternative for a week is cringe as fuck
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:15 pm

hello mods? id like to report an illegal "grab bag" thread. thanks
Zentetsuken

Postby lordgrunt » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:21 pm

I feel like all the 6 points being raised here are very well put together and also super important that these are brought to devs attention. However, the shitposting that naturalny came after will suggest to devs its just some one guy wanting something, ignorable.
Let me just +1 this one then and i hope more votes will appear here.
lordgrunt

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:45 pm

DonVelD wrote:Also autistic chalcopyrite mining just to get some steel because no alternative for a week is cringe as fuck

Yeah they'd need to make it so iron ochre at least is findable when chalco is since heavy earth is so trash. i think their ore scaling for the levels is okay aside from this though and it may be more worth to just scale up the iron yield on ores if anything.
ChildhoodObesity

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas