MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Postby bumfrog » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:35 pm

vatas wrote:Devs should consider deciding if they want to make "Stardew Valley Online" or "Lord of the Flies Simulator" and develop the game accordingly.

they’re more than a decade into sunk cost fallacy re: not picking a direction
pvp anarchy game doesn’t need (and in fact suffers from) rpg stat gain grind, and vice versa

I’d bet billions that they stubbornly refuse to realize this for the remaining 5-10 year lifespan of HnH
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Rebs » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:06 am

+1
More Death
More Raids.
I want to fear for my life like the good old days, where I was forced to play through the fun early progression over and over again and try to beat my last Character/base progression. A rogue like pre-say.
Rebs

Postby ArtemisGray » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:28 am

Softcore farming simulator online mmorpg

Just bring back pali bashing

Was pretty important at one point to strive for a brickwall so you only had to do a loop around ur wall once a day to check for rams

Now you can basically take 3 weeks off whenever you feel like it because nobody besides a few highly autistic individuals are going to camp a ram on a siege boosted claim for 3 entire days unless they are 16 years old and are skipping school every other day or have like a bot on an alt or multiple alts that auto quick barrages any un-kinned players that come within a 10 tile radius

Make this game scary
ArtemisGray

Postby Procne » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:13 am

I like that raids are rare. I prefer to build and craft, and pvp was never a goal for me. But then again I only play for 2-3 months / year, after a world reset, and was never in for a long haul
Procne

Postby Clemins » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:15 pm

Raids are rare, sieges are nonexiatant. The only raids that happened this world involved poor claim security, "siegeing" a claim with <100% power, or handbashing a claim/village that lost auth or power. Literally no one, not even the people who have seemingly infinite time have enough time to waste on siegeing right now in its current state. If this is what the devs want then whatever, but if it's not, then it's a problem.
Clemins

Postby JTB » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:15 am

Siege ATM is something that is very hard to do and is something that is very easy to defend. Raiders logged out for hour for sleep? Lol get all your siege equipment rekt, go find what ever to do.
Wait, what, was it 100% when you placed a ram? Now it is 300% and siege equipment dries accordingly 3 irl days? Well, you can get you vacation for this special rare event, otherwise go find something else to do.
Wait, don't like something? Oh probably another one cacaphonied voice :)
Thats literally very interesting and peaceful expirience, when game suggests you not to do shady moves to your neighbours.
As fearless in death as he was in life
JTB

Postby Clemins » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:51 pm

I stand corrected, there has been at least (1) 3-5 day-ish siege this world. The secret was letting someone else do all the hard and time consuming work first!
Can't imagine the soul searching these guys must be doing after spending all that time for nothing

ImageImage
Clemins

Postby Justforthis » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:26 pm

Pvp isn't limited to siegeing. While I agree that I want the game to feel more dangerous at times, and I'm a hermit with nothing to gain, people ITT really don't think longer than their noses.

It's a balancing act. If you make siegeing like in legacy, while it enables more pvp it also enables griefing. No one, not you either you lying fucks, likes getting camped and killed with nothing to do about it by a demigod who started 3 seconds after world start, and has been built by bots and their whole village.

More reasonable suggestions which still increases pvp/dangers while not catering the game to mongrel bulldogs who will grief without gain:

Make pvp outside the walls a little more rewarding and easier to strive thowards.
Downing or killing a player could reward instant lp or something on top of their loot.
Slave keys could work on gates both ways but just not being able to be copied coupled with being killed doesn't allow you to log in for 10, 30, 60 minutes giving a window of time to raid a base before locks can be changed. Then when inherriting could force disallowed players out of the claim and not even allow criminal acts for a grace period.
There could be a method for tracking/locating players who are online and who have combat stats within a certain range of your stats, like rustroot but for evil.

Siegeing could be made viable at certain points and with enough people. If siege takes a day but required 12-15 active people could balance it between being fuck-all-easy and requiring a NEET life.
You don't love something despite its flaws, you love it because of its flaws. Something that isn't flawed isn't meant to be loved.

Perfect things allow only for indulgence, never love.
Justforthis

Postby DonVelD » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:17 pm

the difference between me and you is that if im getting camped and griefed and killed i'll do something about it :ugeek: and i WILL enjoy it all, thats why im playing the game

also also siege makes PvP encounters mandatory so like yeah PvP happens outside of sieges but so what if sieges really help in getting PvP instead of shitters just hiding inside of palisades
here's an example of me and my frens forcing a whole village of players to come out and fight us which ultimately was the goal (note: it was with a wrecking ball because siege was so bad this world)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8-sD7wcDc
before you say "but you won anyway with your titan chars with 999999 stats and 9999 quality items" im gonna say that it wasn't the case, they stopped the siege by themselves because unlike 95% of the playerbase they fought back

give me more PvP and siege back thanks
Last edited by DonVelD on Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby DonVelD » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:39 pm

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas