MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Postby gravesmerch » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:19 pm

devs could try 2 servers at least once in the game lifetime

pvp would be fast and lethal, let them sort out

pve would be for building and socializing, and fun stuff that can't survive pvp balancing

yeah would be lots of work, but maybe there's a chance of success, and players could still play both, since PvE would be very slow and chill
gravesmerch

Postby Massa » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:29 pm

gravesmerch wrote:devs could try 2 servers at least once in the game lifetime

pvp would be fast and lethal, let them sort out

pve would be for building and socializing, and fun stuff that can't survive pvp balancing

yeah would be lots of work, but maybe there's a chance of success, and players could still play both, since PvE would be very slow and chill

if we're doing retarded ideas instead of critical thinking they should just do a carebear world (world 14, no more, thank you) and then try a pvp balls to the wall murder kill siege world and see which survives longer

when raiding was possible, the moot (used to be in congress assembled) popped the fuck off. constant drama, politics, intrigue.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby gravesmerch » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:24 pm

if W14 was a PvE world I'd already gone visiting all my neighbors, and maybe doing something together

instead I only left my base for very specific tasks, and still got KO'd twice, and robbed a couple more

Its a difficult idea, just like balancing the advantages of builders and destroyers, but after token trading anything is possible
gravesmerch

Postby reexar77 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:04 am

What about if siege was made easier the difficulty would be determined by different factors from how advanced your settlement is?

pallisade wall lvl 1 - can be taken down in 12 hours by being hit with at least a wrecking ball or sledge every two hours.

stone walls lvl 2 - take a day or two to take down the shield and break into using at least a battering ram.

brick walls lvl 3 - Still the best wall in need of steel and iron plus the massive amount of bricks needed , taking down the claim and wall would take more that just a lousy couple of days and requiring catapults to break through.
The Infamous Alex A.K.A The Lion , The Fallen King , Destroyer of Worlds , Taker of women , Down under criminal , That one guy who forgets to bring his axe , Also lover of kittens and cupcakes , Stalker of mammoths and harvester of moss , Dispatcher of Russians , Rider of Buttstalion , Basement troll , Slayer of honeybuns , Romanian bane of nature
reexar77

Postby boshaw » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:07 am

reexar77 wrote:What about if siege was made easier the difficulty would be determined by different factors from how advanced your settlement is?

They would still cry since the people they want to raid would be beyond lvl 1 walls in your example.
boshaw

Postby Potjeh » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:10 pm

They should figure out PvE before they tackle PvP. It's been nearly 14 years since I've first played, and I've yet to see hunting mechanics get even close to adequate.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Massa » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:25 pm

IT'S CALLED PATTERN RECOGNITION wrote:They should figure out PvE before they tackle PvP. It's been nearly 14 years since I've first played, and I've yet to see hunting mechanics get even close to adequate.

THIS SHOULD SUGGEST IT WON'T HAPPEN
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby DonVelD » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:36 pm

who gives a shit about pve, nobody dedicates themselves to pve, people dedicate themselves to pvp and siege so focus on that
people pve because it benefits them not because its fun
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby dafels » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:19 pm

Siege should be available only to people with gold subs fr fr no cap
dafels

Postby vatas » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:15 pm

Devs should consider deciding if they want to make "Stardew Valley Online" or "Lord of the Flies Simulator" and develop the game accordingly.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas