MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Postby DonVelD » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:15 am

lemme be a hecking rampilled siegejak ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
siege doesnt exist because it takes 5 days to do anything
make that 1 day again thanks!!!!!! :D :D :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Re: MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Postby _Scipio » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:01 am

mizdirector89 wrote: No, their version of 'interrogating' was just saying 'speak up, you better talk' over and over while they killed our characters.

Warriors of Annihilation
_Scipio

Postby jordancoles » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:10 am

I like no siedge

thx devs keep it up
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Clemins » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:15 am

Let's go back to this plz thx <3 XOXOXO :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :D :D 8-) :? :shock: :o ;) ;)
Clemins

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:35 am

It's probably better that siege is too hard than too easy, and they clearly don't know how to balance it because they've never been in a real siege. I wish they would scrap every mechanic they can't make good until they're ready to figure it out.

Still, there is literally 0 conflict in the game RN other than @ing people on discord and calling them racial slurs until they maybe fight you. Kinda wish haven was more than a less profitable, more tedious farmville with obscure griefing methods.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DonVelD » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:09 am

cowards, i will now proceed to punch & chop my balls off
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby reexar77 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:25 am

Legacy -> Sledgehammers through your palisade to get your q81 dirt
The Infamous Alex A.K.A The Lion , The Fallen King , Destroyer of Worlds , Taker of women , Down under criminal , That one guy who forgets to bring his axe , Also lover of kittens and cupcakes , Stalker of mammoths and harvester of moss , Dispatcher of Russians , Rider of Buttstalion , Basement troll , Slayer of honeybuns , Romanian bane of nature
reexar77

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:29 pm

either legacy siege or no siege at all
Zentetsuken

Postby vatas » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:45 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:It's probably better that siege is too hard than too easy, and they clearly don't know how to balance it because they've never been in a real siege..

I did lay siege on Jorb's hermitage in the previous world. However you did specify "real siege" and.... Well, I gave up after my fighter almost died, because I did not know you were supposed to install locks on catapults.

Quoted statement is pretty much true.

Jorb made siege a bit harder anyway, I tried cracking a joke "imagine the changes Jorb would have made if I had actually burnt his base down" when people complained about the Prelude patch notes for w14.
Last edited by vatas on Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:10 pm

Your and Shubla's siege seems like the reason siege is gone. Kinda like how death being a consistent part of the game was fine for a decade, then Jorbtar removed it shortly after a certain polak cornered Jorb in a cave and shanked him to death.

It speaks volumes to Jorbtar's attitude of developing the game in a direction they think is cool from their ivory tower, refusing to acknowledge it's shit, then changing it drastically the second it affects them even slightly. It was fine when my organized group that knew every trick sieged 100s of people, but when 1-2 hermits sieged that didn't even know to lock their catapults sieged him it was too much.

Haven and Hearth the hardcore open PVP perma-death game was never what they wanted to make/play. They just said "oh, that's seems cool" like 100 times and accidentally made it, some niche audience loved it, then slowly they started turning it into multi-player stardew valley. It's very sad, imo.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas