Gameplay Idea: Weighted Armor

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Gameplay Idea: Weighted Armor

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:52 pm

For me it sounds like something that could be worked on, maybe it is a good idea or it is horrible, it feels like it will be a little wacka mole situation.

if they implent it, people will make scripts to switch armor on and off.
Then they need to add a equipment changing animation so that you need to dedicate to the armor you have or those with scripts ready will get the upper hand.
Heavy armor will then become completely useless, so i guess the combat will be more range oriented?
So maybe they add something to block ranged attacks if used at the right timing?
Speed oriented gilding maybe?
Speed modifying equipment?

I do think there could be a balance somewhere and that it is worth looking in to, just saying.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:29 pm

How much will this help the game if it's good? basically a net zero
How much will this hurt the game if it's bad? A lot
What is the chance of it being bad vs. being good? Almost certainly bad
How many iterations would this take to balance? A lot
Based on the above, how much dev time would it take? A lot
Based on the above, would suggesting or agreeing with this make you a retard? Yes

If you guys just asked yourself these questions before suggesting meta shifting game changes less people would think of you as fucking idiots
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:41 am

The most depressing thing is that people who literally never PvP and will literally never PvP make these suggestions, and then jorb, who literally never tried PvP and will literally never PvP is gonna be like "oH i rEalLy lIkE tHat, wE cOuLd dO tHaT".

Then we get another 10 patches over the course of 2 years of "fixed X thing for weighted armor", same way we got bandaids for winter, and it's still shit.

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:00 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:How much will this help the game if it's good? basically a net zero
How much will this hurt the game if it's bad? A lot
What is the chance of it being bad vs. being good? Almost certainly bad
How many iterations would this take to balance? A lot
Based on the above, how much dev time would it take? A lot
Based on the above, would suggesting or agreeing with this make you a retard? Yes

If you guys just asked yourself these questions before suggesting meta shifting game changes less people would think of you as fucking idiots

Before bumping a thread you have already made clear you dislike, you should ask yourself: "Am I shitposting?"

Is Weighted Armor needed? Novel idea, now hear me out: Post the idea on an open from and discuss it with more then mindless ±1's

A miss-timed drink or clipping a corner while in pursuit has more of an impact in a given combat. As for Time to dev, the function for movement speed is in the game- look at drinking slowing, as well as strength vs. speed while holding lifted objects. Minimal time needed to get a testable tangent- (endless time to make perfect.) For iterations to balance, we are 10 years+ into this loop of devs try something and some one finds a way to break/exploit/cheese any new mechanic.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:05 am

Nightdawg wrote:The most depressing thing is that people who literally never PvP and will literally never PvP make these suggestions, and then jorb, who literally never tried PvP and will literally never PvP is gonna be like "oH i rEalLy lIkE tHat, wE cOuLd dO tHaT".

Then we get another 10 patches over the course of 2 years of "fixed X thing for weighted armor", same way we got bandaids for winter, and it's still shit.

Better to post about the theory of an idea and discuss why its a bad, then have devs sink time to roll out something to just be removed because everyone cries (looking at recycling/gilded armor)
r0ck4ev3r

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:16 am

You really bought into that shit the HR department said about there being no dumb questions/suggestions, didn't you.

If "it's a novel idea!" is all you need I suggest you see how much milk you can fit in your ass before your colon explodes. If you disagree I'm gonna need a detailed explanation of why that'd be a bad idea, because I don't see any downsides.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:22 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:You really bought into that shit the HR department said about there being no dumb questions/suggestions, didn't you.

If "it's a novel idea!" is all you need I suggest you see how much milk you can fit in your ass before your colon explodes. If you disagree I'm gonna need a detailed explanation of why that'd be a bad idea, because I don't see any downsides.

Link me to your blog and I'll post "a lot" about it, just for you.
r0ck4ev3r

Postby vatas » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:47 pm

Fostik wrote:Yes make armor/inventory factoring moving speed, make all conformists who expect game to be the same until their retirement suffer

"Wearing any armor" is such a fascinating concept for a newbie trap. I almost want to see it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby telum12 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:35 pm

Clemins wrote:It's posts like these that really make me think and wonder why there are so many sprucecaps that ask for it... Did some sort of BDSM forum get shut down years ago and they all just migrated here for some reason?

The masochism can't just be a coincidence...r-right??

I'll be your boy any time clemins ;)
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Clemins » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:04 pm

telum12 wrote:
Clemins wrote:It's posts like these that really make me think and wonder why there are so many sprucecaps that ask for it... Did some sort of BDSM forum get shut down years ago and they all just migrated here for some reason?

The masochism can't just be a coincidence...r-right??

I'll be your boy any time clemins ;)

Clemins

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas