New Rose Gold Jewllery

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: New Rose Gold Jewllery

Postby jock » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:45 pm

Piratex wrote:
cellites wrote: As to the issue of these being "mandatory" I mean ya kinda, but is that really an issue when there is already a precedent for having clothing that is especially made for specific tasks. I mean I'm a hermit this world and I have three wardrobes full of equipment for different tasks.

Those sets are giving stats, and bonus stats already balanced by having cap of double of your "white" stat.

Should i criticize every suggested ring? fine

Sewing rings: 2 rose gold 1 goldbeater 1 garment needle = +1% gilding chance at 10ql

Chance to gild is stat based why you have to increase it?
Gem Masters ring: 2 rose gold, 1 gem 1 goldbeater = +1% gem cutting chance at 10ql
Chance for gem cutting is stat based why you have to increase it?

Tanners pendant: 1 butcher knife, 2 silver, 2 gold, 2 rose gold 1 String 1 goldbeater = +1% chance to get extra hide at 10ql *
straight up OP with strider just casually gets infinity hides no luck involved.
Troll hunters Pendant: 1 troll eye, 1 string, 2 rose gold 1 goldbeater = +1% increase in chance to mine out troll at 10ql *
so basically you will be mining out troll of each tile on the spot with troll hermit, aight
scholars pendant: 2 rose gold, 1 parchment, 1 glass pane 1 goldbeater, 1 string = +1% study speed at 10ql
why? You have ring of brodgars, why you need that? study speed is not better then learning ability.
Miner Pendant : 1 rose gold, 1stone, 1 string = +1 less chance to produced loose rock at 10ql
essential for bot mining, ok

those:
Constructors ring: 1 steel nugget, 1 goldbeater, 1 rose gold = +5% convenience when building at 10ql
Lumberjacks Band: 1 Oak Block, 1 rosegold, 1goldbeater = +5% convenience when logging at 10ql

sure, why not. although seems like just a subscribe token killer.

Armourers band: 1 steel nugget, 1 goldbeater, 1 rose gold = +5% wear to crafted armour at 10ql
eh. sure, as long as it just durability

so then we should only have 1 gilding for each stat with that logic. The aim is to produce jewellery that has a purpose. The increase to gildingwould scale with the world length. right now you hit max chance based on the clothing type. It is nice to be able to make good gildings or good off gildings a chance via another pathway. These would be at the strongest for the lowest stat players, closing the gap.

Same with cutting gems it has a cap of 75% even with two rings of 360ql( about the upper quality of rings sold now) you gain 12% that would increase the odds by a good amount to be valuable. With gilding you have at best 70% chance on some clothing as low as 20% when pairing. This offers a way to increase that along side sewer to nicer odds but at a cost to produce.

Troll is a %increased chance to flat +1% per tiles. It increases of the current base chance or the increased base with cave hermit. the 12% extra chance might equate to 0.5% more chance to mine a troll or about 200 less mine tiles at best.

Same again the extra hide from Strider is nice but with this and that you are adding 12% chance +striders 5%? to get extra hide, pretty far from infinite with 360+ ql rings.
jock

Postby Piratex » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:52 pm

jock wrote:so then we should only have 1 gilding for each stat with that logic. The aim is to produce jewellery that has a purpose.

Are you serious? Jewelry already have purpose of hugely impacting your bonus attributes, no gilded clothing will give as much as ring with gems.
But no, it should have purpose of breaking late game of course in your opinion.
I think you lack any balancing ideas and i might even compare you to r0ck4ev3r so i will not even try to reason this topic.
Piratex

Postby jock » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:05 pm

Piratex wrote:
jock wrote:so then we should only have 1 gilding for each stat with that logic. The aim is to produce jewellery that has a purpose.

Are you serious? Jewelry already have purpose of hugely impacting your bonus attributes, no gilded clothing will give as much as ring with gems.
But no, it should have purpose of breaking late game of course in your opinion.
I think you lack any balancing ideas and i might even compare you to r0ck4ev3r so i will not even try to reason this topic.

Ok, please tell me what you would do with 12% extra gilding chance that would obliterate the game balance and break the game?
jock

Postby Piratex » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:17 pm

You clearly are, man. If you would suggest something smaller that will not require much time to create and will not make gamebreaking effect i wouldve agreed.
But your just one of these idiots who thinks they can come here and suggest something that will hugely impact and change game.
Also it requires a lot or time to code and drew the model for those “cool” ideas.
You were noone but now you are just another c&i shitposter.
Piratex

Postby jock » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:18 pm

Piratex wrote:You clearly are, man. If you would suggest something smaller that will not require much time to create and will not make gamebreaking effect i wouldve agreed.
But your just one of these idiots who thinks they can come here and suggest something that will hugely impact and change game.
Also it requires a lot or time to code and drew the model for those “cool” ideas.
You were noone but now you are just another c&i shitposter.

Ok, please tell me what you would do with 12% extra gilding chance that would obliterate the game balance and break the game?
jock

Postby Piratex » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:25 pm

jock wrote:Ok, please tell me what you would do with 12% extra gilding chance that would obliterate the game balance and break the game?

Why you changed previous comment.
You dont fucking touch balance and chances. Thats why they are here and they are perfectly balanced at the moment.
12% extra fucking chance to gild, are you serious. Its more then twice as much of tailor credo bonus.
Piratex

Postby jock » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:25 pm

Piratex wrote:
jock wrote:Ok, please tell me what you would do with 12% extra gilding chance that would obliterate the game balance and break the game?

Why you changed previous comment.
You dont fucking touch balance and chances. Thats why they are here and they are perfectly balanced at the moment.
12% extra fucking chance to gild, are you serious. Its more then twice as much of tailor credo bonus.

How would you use it to break the balance of the game?
jock

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:29 pm

Any addition to the value of rose gold is 100% needed. New jewellery would fit that void- at first glance credo like items seem over tuned.

Sewing ring: I'd add Chewed Fibre x1 as required mats. I'd clamp the +x% around {sqrt(q/14)} or {sqrt(q)/4}
Gem Masters ring: I'd swap the gem for a mother of pear- same scale note as above.

Tanners pendant: Swap string for hide-strap; No idea how to scale this %, unsure of the multiplicative interaction with Strider.
Troll hunters Pendant: swap string with troll hair; Again no idea how this would scale with cave hermit.
Scholars pendant: -1 we have study speed locked behind credos, I think it should stay that way.
Miner Pendant : Swap rock with a strange crystal and drop scale as noted.

My rose gold ring idea was,
Bard's Ring:
Object(s) Required: Rose Gold Nugget x1, Goldbeater's Skin x1
Gilding Chance: 15%-25%
Gilding Attributes: Lore, Charisma
x = sqrt(4*q/3)
Marksmanship +x
Exploration +x
Stealth +x
Sewing +x
Smiting +x
Masonry +x
Carpentry +x
Farming +x
Survival +x
Lore +x
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby jock » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:44 pm

r0ck4ev3r wrote:Any addition to the value of rose gold is 100% needed. New jewellery would fit that void- at first glance credo like items seem over tuned.

Sewing ring: I'd add Chewed Fibre x1 as required mats. I'd clamp the +x% around {sqrt(q/14)} or {sqrt(q)/4}

it already is through log scaling

At the current 11 almost 12 months, it would give a 6% gild chance. (on average being sold)
jock

Postby bumfrog » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:24 am

nah
bumfrog
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas