CART DETACH WHEN YOU GO BETTWEEN DIFFERENT BIOMES

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: CART DETACH WHEN YOU GO BETTWEEN DIFFERENT BIOMES

Postby TheServant » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:54 pm

noindyfikator wrote:
jorb wrote:Merely from crossing a biome border? I have never seen that.

To see that you need to play the game my friend.

Yes, when you are on a horse and have attached cart sometimes when you go from biome A to biome B it detach. Example, from forest to grassland etc.

I will record it, give me some time. It's winter now, so we need to wait a few days for spring

i think you have problems pressing buttons and its saying its bug... i think its skill issue, even the devs dont see it happen!
TheServant

Postby Kaios » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:34 pm

This definitely does happen, I didn’t think it was the biome change though I simply assumed that carts were moving slower or something to that effect thus causing the cart to detach from the horse every so often.

Seems more like a bug than C&I thread though.
Kaios

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:58 pm

I reported this in world 10. Its been a while, so I might be shitting out of my mouth but I think Loftar said it'd be hard to fix so it's not worth it.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby derkami » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:43 pm

And here I thought I'm trapping. Yes sometimes carts just randomly detach. I didn't pay attention if it's on biome border or a general thing but I've def also encountered this issue.

It's not even walking 90 or 180 degree, misclicked or something in the way. It just says cart was blocked that's it. But it's pretty rare for me.
derkami

Postby Selles » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:39 pm

This happened to me, but only on custom launchers. There were no problems on the vanilla launcher
Selles

Postby sMartins » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:20 pm

Nah ... I don't think that's the issue, to me it's the push out causing that ..... when you hit various objects you start going around them while the cart start lagging behind until in the end he detach
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:05 pm

VIDEO PROOF: https://youtu.be/2fwz4i0o2Ww

PLEASE FIX. IT HAPPENS SO OFTEN.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:29 pm

Can you tell if that spot is a supergrid border?

I have no evidence for this other than the other example of supergrids causing weird interactions. Detachment only happening when you cross between two biomes, on a spot that also happens to be a supergrid border, would explain why this issue is so rare and hard to nail down.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:44 pm

vatas wrote:Can you tell if that spot is a supergrid border?

I have no evidence for this other than the other example of supergrids causing weird interactions. Detachment only happening when you cross between two biomes, on a spot that also happens to be a supergrid border, would explain why this issue is so rare and hard to nail down.

it's not supergrid border
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:00 pm

I have a flimsy hypothesis that this issue is related to the cart having slightly oscillating speed (presumably to make the animation smoother.) I think this happened when I was pulling a cart on paved road and increased character's foot speed.

Checking the YouTube video linked above, I have to raise the point that in said video the cart is pulled with a horse, that should have the same speed regardless of terrain?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas