Passive-mode?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Passive-mode?

Postby Barbamaus » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:16 pm

vatas wrote:If only downside of "passive-mode" is that you can't initiate PvP, why would anyone go outside their walls without it?

It's not? Read this again:
Barbamaus wrote:What prevents you from doing? Lots of things:
1. Anything considered a criminal act, including pushing and rummaging.
2. Interact with localized resources. As someone people -somewhat- fight over, it would be unfair to be able to camp it without repercussions.
3. Anything that "alters" the world. Examples include mining, chopping trees, using the destroy action, or building anything from the Build menu. This also prevents a fair amount of griefing.
4. Use large vehicles (or maybe any vehicle?). To prevent bodyblocking with knarrs, snekkjas, wagons and other stuff difficult to destroy or move.
It's debatable if hunting should be allowed in this mode. I don't see a downside to allowing it, but I guess whatever's easier for development works.

vatas wrote:*Players on "passive-mode" can have their inventory confiscated and forced to TP back to their HF

As long as is inventory only (not the gear you're wearing), I think it's a great idea. Not sure how to make it work without combat, but I guess something you need to get in melee reach to use.

vatas wrote:*Something to prevent unlimited cycle of "go be a nuisance" "force someone to evict you" "repeat"

Considering the limitations mentioned above, what kind of nuisance are you thinking of? Just having a guy follow you around while outside?
The inability to turn on criminal acts already prevents them from going on any claim that isn't open to everyone.
Barbamaus

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas