More fantasy stuff?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

More fantasy stuff?

Postby Kamekono » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:45 pm

H&H immerses players in a fantasy realm, with mystical creatures roaming the lands, dungeons to explore, and enchanting elements like magic and teleportation. However, I feel like the game fails to deliver a truly immersive fantasy experience.

The main reason I believe lies in the limited engagement between players and fantasy stuff.
Fantasy creatures are primarily used as enemies (trolls, boreworms, slimes) or items to be collected (stalagoomba, irrlights), with Sylvan creatures (Dryads and Ents) begin a distant entity which you can't interact with.
The game doesn't include any fantasy mounts or farm animals (only exception is Rudolph, which barely counts), nor allows players to decorate their bases with fantasy-themed structures, but rather focuses on more real-life inspired buildings and decorations.

Another thing that is absent from the game is fantasy weapons, such as flaming swords, magic arrows, or stuff like it. Even gear selection is pretty limited when it comes to fantasy-style items (which mostly consist in a few helmets and ant/bee queen wings).

Is there a reason behind this lack of fantasy content, despite the game is clearly not chasing realism?
How does the community feel like adding more fantasy things (within the current game mechanics; i'm not suggesting floating castles nor giant fireballs).
Kamekono

Re: More fantasy stuff?

Postby Massa » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:33 pm

this is a low fantasy setting, so what you are describing is deliberate

the magic is fleeting and difficult and open ended and cannot be manipulated strongly, but the world indeed does have magic
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: More fantasy stuff?

Postby Fostik » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:09 pm

https://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/about

About page comprehensively explains the setting of the game

Although I could agree that game lacks some anime girls and hentai, at least it is a fantasy of mine.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Return to Critique & Ideas