Music

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Music

Postby Faravidus » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:54 pm

So I've been thinking that Music should have more of an impact. Maybe playing music would cause a buff, that raises your Attributes for a short while. I mean to say Music should have an actual impact on the game.

There could be a Musician / Bard credo. Certain Hearth Magics that require an instrument. You could play for animals to make them follow you around, or bring you stuff such as foragables. There could be a system whereby many players could play in concert, and maybe cause some kind of temporary buff to Skills. It should be a social thing, not something you do to buff yourself. I'm suggesting that the Lore Skill could govern the power of Music. I also thought there could be a way to either discover, or create Symphonies. There would be a user interface where you could view, and play your "Memorized" symphonies.

You could take a piece of parchment and write the notes of a symphony, to share with another player, and teach them to play. Maybe hearing certain Symphonies could reduce your travel weariness, or accelerate the rate at which you study curios ... There could be a lock-out system in place, that makes it so you can't get "Music buffs" all the time. Perhaps listening to too much music might even give you a negative effect. This could be used to grief people though... Hmmmm :ugeek:

What are your thoughts, kings and queens of the Hearthlands?
Playing since W4 ~ faravid88 on Discord ~ https://steamcommunity.com/id/faravid88
Faravidus

Return to Critique & Ideas