Three things that are there when I enter the forest

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Three things that are there when I enter the forest

Postby Lorefin » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:35 pm

Hey, I don't play HnH anymore (or maybe I'll give it another go :P) but I always notice three things after entering a forest that kinda could have its version in HnH.
Not sure if these things got added but these are:

1. Roes. After rabbits, they are the most common animal you see. Sometimes they're solo but mostly in packs. They run away and its their main strenght, main survival instict is running away I think.
There are deers but these are like powerful animals from what I remember in game. I remember Foxes and Badgers are your main low lvl enemy animal, it's weird Roes aren't there as your another main easy to kill animal who is also a bit catchy to kill as it runs fast but gives more meat and better skin than foxes etc. If I was about to survive in the wild, for sure I'd try to catch a roe because how long I can survive on rabbits and foxes?

2. Boars dig-outs. Im not sure how to spell it but everytime you enter the forest and travel through some area, and you see the ground was dug-into by boars looking for food, it's a bit devasted. It's always a funny and a bit scary thing to find, esp the fresh ones since it means boars were there not long time ago.
Idk but it'd be fun to have them included in the game, maybe boars would leave it from time to time d if u click it, it'd show you direction towards that boar..., or it would just give a small, low-lvl curio because finding these is kinda "curious" for me irl xD Like boar's poop xD The one u collect after you start and walk through the forest

3. I was surprised when I heard bird singing, I came closer to investigate where it came from and it turned out there were small birds in the small hole inside the tree and I heard small birds singing from inside. Maybe some trees would have these small holes that would be hard to find but you could locate them by nearby small birds singing and you could get a curio out of them or something like this? Or just a regular bird nest... OK i've just checked and there are already bird nests that are like normal bird nests irl, this one was in the hole tho :P
Lorefin

Re: Three things that are there when I enter the forest

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:49 pm

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Return to Critique & Ideas